• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,436 posts in this topic

And also, at long last, I managed to obtain a copy of this beloved book Funny Picture Stories #1. Such an early GA book (1936), with one of the, if not THE, first masked heroes on the cover. :cloud9:

425c2bae.jpg

That is such a cool book. Congrats, Bill! :applause:

And also, at long last, I managed to obtain a copy of this beloved book Funny Picture Stories #1. Such an early GA book (1936), with one of the, if not THE, first masked heroes with a napkin on his face cover. :cloud9: Is the guy standing behind him laughing his arse off? :grin:

425c2bae.jpg

Seriously though, cool pick ups. (thumbs u

My first Action Comics :headbang:.

scan0017-1.jpg

I had been looking for this scarce book for awhile. I'm ecstatic to finally have it, with off-white pages to boot.

scan0014.jpg

Big thanks to the boardies that I got these from!

nice action! not to rain on your parade..but did the guy that sold it to ya mention the cleaning and resto work?

from this scan it appears that three corners were patched.

Worlds Finest Comics #8 CGC 8.5 White Pages - Big Apple

WorldsFinest8.jpg

Give that book the nice bright scan that it deserves...

worldsfinest8.jpg

I really need to buy a scanner :sorry:

WorldsFinest8.jpg

worldsfinest8.jpg

I've owned that book a few times. I love how heavy those early World's Finest are. They might have cost a nickel extra, but it was worth it!

WorldsFinest8.jpg

worldsfinest8.jpg

I've owned that book a few times. I love how heavy those early World's Finest are. They might have cost a nickel extra, but it was worth it!

I did not realise how thick the book was until I had it in hand!

After being continually shut out on picking up anything for quite a while, I finally snagged this book. I have tried to grab a nice copy and recently a big dump of 9.x issues have popped up but I was completely blown away by the prices so I settled for a mid grade copy. Pretty happy since it is still nicer than my under copy.

batman32.jpg

A banner day in the Ciorac household :)

Four Color 8 (the second to last issue from that run I need, now only Four Color #1 remains to be conquered and one is in sight)

e61db15c.jpg

Congrats Bill! :applause:

Yeah! Almost there, Bill! Congrats! :applause:

After being continually shut out on picking up anything for quite a while, I finally snagged this book. I have tried to grab a nice copy and recently a big dump of 9.x issues have popped up but I was completely blown away by the prices so I settled for a mid grade copy. Pretty happy since it is still nicer than my under copy.

batman32.jpg

That is a nice looking copy. Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider 8.0 to be 'mid-grade' for golden age. (shrug)

batman32.jpg

That's a really nice copy, congrats!

batman32.jpg

That is a nice looking copy. Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider 8.0 to be 'mid-grade' for golden age. (shrug)

+1. 8.0 is a keeper grade with most GA.