• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
48 48

48,576 posts in this topic

Another panorama shot of some of the Geeks

geekpanorama_zpsc7474062.jpg

Looks like you guys had a great time with good friends and awesome books! :applause:

[font:Times New Roman]Alas, it pains me that I was across town doing an auction and unable to crash this fabulous party. :cry:

So far, no shots of our distinguished boardies in jammies have surfaced,

but judging from this leaked shot sleeping arrangements were a little tight... :o

NelsCon-BunkBeds-1.jpg

The image is a tad blurry, but I'm pretty sure that's a worn out Gator hangin' over the rail in the upper left bunk![/font]

Edited by DavidMerryweather

And here is Jimmy thumbing up a Flash Comics #6

Jimmy_zps8ed3c790.jpg

Pictures of Jimmy feeling up comics belong in the pre-code horror thread. That Flash #6 is old enough to be his grandmother!

Perhaps Michael, but I may very well have been the last civilian (non Classics or CGC personel) to thumb that book up!! It's holder-bound :(

Another panorama shot of some of the Geeks

geekpanorama_zpsc7474062.jpg

Although it doesn't LOOK like it, I was happy!! Honest, I was!! That's me holding my Larson Fantastic 9 (probably the worst cover of the run .... did I mention LARSON yet?)!!

come to think of it, only one was smiling in that picture hm

Jimmy_zps8ed3c790.jpg

Pictures of Jimmy feeling up comics belong in the pre-code horror thread. That Flash #6 is old enough to be his grandmother!

Perhaps Michael, but I may very well have been the last civilian (non Classics or CGC personel) to thumb that book up!! It's holder-bound :(

Did I mention you are a very handsome man? That profile!

Jimmy_zps8ed3c790.jpg

I don't know if I would go so far as to say handsome. Pretty? Yes. Handsome? Not so much

Next up.

One of my favorite Batman covers of all time. Super stoked to have this one back in the box

:banana:

DetectiveComics35-A_zps0d3e3b34.jpg

I LOVED thumbing through it at Matty's Billbo!! GREAT book and a real nice copy!! Congrats again :cloud9:

Thanks Jimbo :)

Gator following me around trying to sneak it into his luggage got a little tiresome after a while, but hanging out with you was a blast!

Jimmy_zps8ed3c790.jpg

I don't know if I would go so far as to say handsome. Pretty? Yes. Handsome? Not so much

[font:Times New Roman]Great shirt, though![/font] (thumbs u