• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

Very cool! :applause:

2 books i bought raw from jamie in '08 and '09 respectively, just got back from cgc. i like 'em.

Boy, they really are slowing at grading comics these days! :o

the 8 is the one we passed around saturday nite in s.d. in '09, sir.

A book I'd always wanted. Bought this one - PGX 5.5. Cracked it out and, wha-la, near white pages, smooth and flat, and...coupon clipped from the last page. $250. Oh well...live and learn. Haven't bought a PGX book since. Still, I'm fond of it.

134194.jpg.c06fc3c5f8915b93247823c17f436ac6.jpg

A book I'd always wanted. Bought this one - PGX 5.5. Cracked it out and, wha-la, near white pages, smooth and flat, and...coupon clipped from the last page. $250. Oh well...live and learn. Haven't bought a PGX book since. Still, I'm fond of it.

Classic...

2 books i bought raw from jamie in '08 and '09 respectively, just got back from cgc. i like 'em.

jpot6.jpg

jpot8.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Absolutely awesome books, Billy! :applause:

Exceptional covers on both, but the cover art attribution on Jackpot #6 is a bit perplexing. The style is entirely different from Irv Novick's covers of this period. Also, he usually signed MLJ covers he penciled and inked.

I'd be more inclined to believe this cover was done by Paul Reinman (acknowledged as contributing interior art to this particular issue). His style has always had a sketchier feel to it. What do you think? [/font] (shrug)

I decided to finally use last year's Collector Society Coupon (nothing like waiting until the last minute) to send a few books I've been on the fence about getting the slab treatment. One I picked up a few years ago at HA, another a few months ago on E-bay.

billbarnesmh004.jpg

thrillingcomics042.jpg

Wow! Love em both :cloud9: