• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

Sunday at the show was just ok. Managed to pick up a few commons.

Cosmic Aeroplane.

amf24_zps7eac522c.jpg

Cosmic Aeroplane (I think).

amf25_zpsa882c051.jpg

Still can't believe I own this, let alone in high grade.

amf4_zpsf603ace3.jpg

Cosmic Aeroplane.

amf24_zps7eac522c.jpg

amf25_zpsa882c051.jpg

amf4_zpsf603ace3.jpg

O.M.F.G.

Cosmic Aeroplane.

amf24_zps7eac522c.jpg

amf25_zpsa882c051.jpg

amf4_zpsf603ace3.jpg

(worship)

Other than showing this book to a few Boardies at WonderCon (Anaheim) last month, I have not displayed it before (just got this back from CGC).

CGC was harsh on it for a small bottom spine split and accompanying small curving tear (by Supe's foot). Otherwise, I can't express how fresh and bright this particular copy is, with super-strong colors and great PQ.

:banana:

24480258-a410-48d0-b71a-67d9334733a2_zps2439ebfb.jpg

this is one of the few Action war covers I've never owned before, so hard to find a nice white dirt free copy. this one is spectacular, great book Steve. (thumbs u

Great book, Steve! I've never seen such a nice copy of that book. Looks better than the grade assigned. Colors really pop. Congrats! You have a great eye for books. :applause:

SLR

Edited by Stevenrams

Cosmic Aeroplane.

amf24_zps7eac522c.jpg

amf25_zpsa882c051.jpg

amf4_zpsf603ace3.jpg

:o

Cosmic Aeroplane.

amf24_zps7eac522c.jpg

amf25_zpsa882c051.jpg

amf4_zpsf603ace3.jpg

Amazing find! Thanks for sharing.

So, who wants to see the Double Action Comics #1. Yes, it is an ashcan and yes I have seen it. There is only one copy around and I personally know the guy that owns it. Yes I have a picture of it, and of the #2 graded 9.0. I am almost relucant to post the pic as it seems almost a better left a myth or legend.

Quick story. The guy that owns it was a distributor in the 70's and came across the ashcan and the 5 #2's in a filing cabinet in a DC office. He was allowed to aquire the ashcan and he picked the best of the 5 copies of the #2. I won't say his name or where it is located other than it is in a safety deposit box, as one day I hope to buy it from the owner. I can confirm he did meet with Bob Overstreet and he did see it. Very few have laid eyes on it besides Bob, the owner and myself.

I will get the pic uploaded to my computer son and post it. This is no fake and you will see in the pic they are both completely real.

Edited by Earthshaker01

I will get the pic uploaded to my computer son and post it. This is no fake and you will see in the pic they are both completely real.

I believe you that it exists, but the question is, if you hope to buy it, how do you establish a FMV unless it goes up for sale in a public auction? It's probably one of those things that's very rare but not necessarily that valuable because it's outside the scope of what most people are interested in collecting.

So, who wants to see the Double Action Comics #1. Yes, it is an ashcan and yes I have seen it. There is only one copy around and I personally know the guy that owns it. Yes I have a picture of it, and of the #2 graded 9.0. I am almost relucant to post the pic as it seems almost a better left a myth or legend.

Quick story. The guy that owns it was a distributor in the 70's and came across the ashcan and the 5 #2's in a filing cabinet in a DC office. He was allowed to aquire the ashcan and he picked the best of the 5 copies of the #2. I won't say his name or where it is located other than it is in a safety deposit box, as one day I hope to buy it from the owner. I can confirm he did meet with Bob Overstreet and he did see it. Very few have laid eyes on it besides Bob, the owner and myself.

Wow. That will be pretty incredible to see. Somewhere Ian Levine is sweating bullets...