• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

What surprised me more is that there are 3 9.6 Sig Series from 1940 - 1949 (and 1 9.4)

I picked up one of those from a boardie.

Wings52SS.jpg

Awesome copy but its a shame that someone decided to have this signed. :(

Yeah, it is certainly a point of contention for some folks. I think I would be turned off if it was a Stan Lee signature but the Gene Colon sig in gold pen and the yellow label really accentuate the book so I decided I was okay with it. I don't think I could have done it if I owned the book raw.

I think the 9.4 is a Frazetta Famous Funnies. I think there are two of those but not sure of the grades on both. No idea on the others. Paratrooper had a couple of Wings or Fights that were SS but there are midgrade.

The 9.4 FF should be post-1949 (they are: 1953) so they wouldn't be any of these hm Now I am curious

What surprised me more is that there are 3 9.6 Sig Series from 1940 - 1949 (and 1 9.4)

I picked up one of those from a boardie.

Wings52SS.jpg

Thanks! :thumbsup: Should have remembered this one. Know what the other two are?

I think the 9.4 is a Frazetta Famous Funnies. I think there are two of those but not sure of the grades on both. No idea on the others. Paratrooper had a couple of Wings or Fights that were SS but there are midgrade.

There's a 9.6 Church Frazetta sig series for Tally Ho

1st thing i do , when i get to the shop!

Ah yes,one of the benefits of your workplace/library.

Here's another of my favorites.Check out Baron Gestapo!

zip28_zpsfa928d07.jpg

`

I really like those Montana covers. Did he continue do draw superheroes after he started working on Archie (and went off to WWII). hm

I agree. I love the early Zip covers starting at around #8.

Nice #13 Russ.

Thanks Peter.

I concur and think that # 8 is where the title really takes off as well,however issue 3 is the one earlier cover that is an exception for me.Just love it! Really wish someone would sell me one. :wishluck:

Not Mine.

zip3_zpsbe43b8a3.jpg

There's truly something special about MLJ goodness - terrific pickup, Russ.

Thanks,and couldn't agree more Steve.Love me some MLJ goodness.Here is another recent addition.

IMG_20130530_0001_zpscf4756f4.jpg

Since we are showing Zips, here is one of my favorites! :cloud9:

Zip20MH_zps5ecb5d04.jpg

Incredible Zip, West. Do you have any others to share?

Currently that's my only Zip. I used to own the Mile High Zip #32 as well, but that was a long time ago.

My Wizard World Philly so far (heading back today)

I submitted this one for onsite grading and was very pleased with the result :)

3rd highest graded copy

DaredevilComics2CGC_zpsdfe254c5.jpg

:applause:

Happy hunting today, Bill!