• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,435 posts in this topic

I know its not major cool by any means buuuuut....

I've always wanted a Church book, and the one I ordered from Clink finally arrived today ! "took over a month to get here /sigh"

RAD5B36F20131218_122439.jpg

Major cool in my book. Maybe the delay had to do with the owner being slow responding to notification that the book sold. hm

A damn nice looking 5.0 Church book! I wish all my 5s looked that nice! (thumbs u

i got only 1 book outta c'link; really wanted that pretty black mary marvel, but the book was inching up to double guide, and i bagged out.

thing4.jpg

It was adamstrange's fault for posting the lovely copy he has.

i got only 1 book outta c'link; really wanted that pretty black mary marvel, but the book was inching up to double guide, and i bagged out.

It was adamstrange's fault for posting the lovely copy he has.

That 8.5 looked pretty good and, at that price, looks like a bargain to me. It's such a graceful cover. :cloud9:

Sorry,I was too lazy to pull down my Gerber books.plus,I like being friendly and finding stuff out by starting conversation.There is an advert for Target volume.1 no.1 in one of my DickCole comics,but no price shown.

I have not seen the price like that very many times,it is new and interesting to me.

:foryou:

Jimmers

lol PM sent. When I wrote DickCole with a space it came out spoon Cole, so I fixed it, but now i see what you did... :roflmao:

I acquired this one a couple of Clink auctions ago. Had a few Startling 49s slip through my fingers at the last second. Not this time :sumo:

That is simply AMAZING!!! I want one. Congrats on the Victory.

I've always wanted a Church book, and the one I ordered from Clink finally arrived today ! "took over a month to get here /sigh"

Major cool in my book. Maybe the delay had to do with the owner being slow responding to notification that the book sold. hm

Nope, we sent it to C-Link on 12-24-2013.

Workin' on Christmas Eve! (worship)

I'm a tyrant...my lackeys were working.

I'm a tyrant...my lackeys were working.

(tsk)

Master Comics #5 from 1940, published by Fawcett. It features many characters, in full adventure stories, and it ends with a huge pin-up of Captain Marvel. (Actually it's a full page ad, filling the whole inside of the back cover, promoting the upcoming SPECIAL EDITION COMICS, and they have a depiction of their top hero, Capt. Marvel from Whiz Comics, filling the promo.)

The original owner picked this up when it was new in the summer of 1940, and after passing away in 1991, the person I purchased it from was the one who the heirs called to dispense with the Peoria, Arizona, golden-age collection. This is the only issue of the whole series to rank an 8 on the Gerber Scarcity Index . It measures 14.1" tall and 10.25" wide.

1F0A5D2E-1DFF-438E-985D-9A9BCC0DAE1E_zps2f6kke91.jpg

Master Comics #5 from 1940, published by Fawcett. It features many characters, in full adventure stories, and it ends with a huge pin-up of Captain Marvel. (Actually it's a full page ad, filling the whole inside of the back cover, promoting the upcoming SPECIAL EDITION COMICS, and they have a depiction of their top hero, Capt. Marvel from Whiz Comics, filling the promo.)

The original owner picked this up when it was new in the summer of 1940, and after passing away in 1991, the person I purchased it from was the one who the heirs called to dispense with the Peoria, Arizona, golden-age collection. This is the only issue of the whole series to rank an 8 on the Gerber Scarcity Index . It measures 14.1" tall and 10.25" wide.

Congratulations Josh :applause: amazing book buddy

Love it. Reminds me of the early Jumbos.