• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,405 posts in this topic

Now that the Saints have been eliminated, I guess I'll have more time to sort through this:

11-01-07%20AH.JPG

I'd be happy to come over and help you :shrug:

I was just about to say the same thing lol

And HC, you KNOW it is stuff I would be interested in

Now that the Saints have been eliminated, I guess I'll have more time to sort through this:

11-01-07%20AH.JPG

I was just about to say the same thing lol

And HC, you KNOW it is stuff I would be interested in

Same here. What a nice collection of early books. :cloud9:

it's probably not anything you'd be interested in :baiting:

11-01-09%20BY.JPG

11-01-09%20CA.JPG

You're right. Those are all too high grade for Scrooge. I'll help.

Some recent acquisitions and submissions. Fellow boardies should recognize a few of these books since I purchased a few of them here ;)

2800508960102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

i was intrigued by the chinese characters written on the book and i asked a coworker for a translation. he said it is most likely a chinese boy's name and the left pictogram means imaginary animal or beast and the right pictogram means strong or healthy. so, strong imaginary beast wherever you are, telerites is taking care of your comic book. :grin:

I am so so excited to have found a copy of this book!!!! It has taken well over 3 years to find this!

Funnies36.jpg

Awesome David! (worship)

Congratulations on finally getting a copy. Few people realize how scarce this book is. I think you and I are the only ones on the boards that have copies. Plus it's the coolest of the John Carter covers and the only one by John Coleman Burroughs (from a blown up panel). I know you must be excited - this and the Hi-Spot 2 are really white whales for ERB fans.

Edited by Theagenes

Wonderful collection, honky cat. :applause:

I especially like seeing the Famous Stories. I imagine that's a scarce issue.

Thanks. That's the first copy of #1 I've run across, but the lot also had a #2 which is the third copy I've found in the last three years or so.

I was trying to find more information on the Comic Book Magazines, and of course this is the only thing I could find: Golden Age Collection

Yours look alot nicer than mine, so all is as it should be ;)

I am so so excited to have found a copy of this book!!!! It has taken well over 3 years to find this!

Funnies36.jpg

Awesome David! (worship)

Congratulations on finally getting a copy. Few people realize how scarce this book is. I think you and I are the only ones on the boards that have copies. Plus it's the coolest of the John Carter covers and the only one by John Coleman Burroughs (from a blown up panel). I know you must be excited - this and the Hi-Spot 2 are really white whales for ERB fans.

Thanks Jeff! Yours is the only other copy I know of so I was very excited about this coming up for sell. :cloud9: