• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,388 posts in this topic

Wow! Those are super nice Fine covers! :acclaim:

At this point, I'm wondering if it's time for his understudy to step up to the plate? hm

Ah, heck, why not give the kid a shot...

nothing wrong with a crandall cover. in fact, it was the 18 that got me on the run to begin with.

hit24.jpg

hit15.jpg

hit18.jpg

Beeee-eautiful Crandall books, Billy! (worship)(worship) (worship)

I used to have an 18 in the VF/NM range that I regretted selling back in the dark days when I divested myself of my GA collection. Your awesome looking 8.0 just whets my appetite for reacquiring it. I really want to get a run of those Crandall Stormy Foster Hits in high grade ...well, with the possible exception of the awkward looking Gil Fox cover (#22) ...I'm sure that I'll snag that puppy too, but I may not be quite as concerned about grade. hm

What a cover. Great book.

This one arrived a couple of days ago from a nice boardie. Besides the awesome cover, it has a very cool story by Williamson and Krenkel:

bustercrabbe5.jpg

Yep, that's a beauty! :applause:

I'm not quite sure why, but every time I look at that'un I think of Toy Story! hm

Mind posting your Fight #6 again please? Pretty please?

I think you meant Fight 5...

fight5.jpg

fight5.jpg

That book is just incredible. Beautiful. :cloud9:

— Rick

And the earliest known Hulk prototype known to exist! Kind of amazing that book isn't from a Pedigree collection.

fight5.jpg

Thanks - I got it stuck in my head that it was #6 when I bought the (greatly inferior) Rockford copy! Dont know why, since I do have a #6 anyway! :screwy:

There are higher grade copies out there, but unlike #5, the colors seem to be uniformly strong on all the copies I've seen so far.

FightComics665.jpg

Edited by alanna

This one arrived a couple of days ago from a nice boardie. Besides the awesome cover, it has a very cool story by Williamson and Krenkel:

bustercrabbe5.jpg

i must be getting senile--i thought it was me who sold it!!!

You must be getting mellow in your old age without realising! :baiting:

The artwork on the story Doiby refers to is indeed fantastic. As I dimly recall, not having owned a copy in five years, an intergalactic sweetheart sacrifices herself to save the human race. Does anyone happen to know if it has been reprinted anywhere?

fight5.jpg

I'm stunned every time I see this book,it's just sooo pretty.I did just notice that CGC forgot to list the pedigree on the label though.

I mean c'mon, it must be a pedigree right??

bustercrabbe5.jpg

i must be getting senile--i thought it was me who sold it!!!

You must be getting mellow in your old age without realising! :baiting:

The artwork on the story Doiby refers to is indeed fantastic. As I dimly recall, not having owned a copy in five years, an intergalactic sweetheart sacrifices herself to save the human race. Does anyone happen to know if it has been reprinted anywhere?

That's the story, and it has a surprisingly poignant final panel that wouldn't look out of place in an EC sci-fi story. I have no idea if it's been reprinted, I'll check the GCD later.