• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

here's a "w" rockford.

Sparklercomics12.jpg

....what a cool cover. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

i'm not alone! thanks jimbo--i post the book every now and then, and it never gets a mention. i don't collect the title, and bought it only because i think it's so cool, and am thrilled that somebody finally gave it some love.

Actually there are three or four really great covers in the early part of the run and this is one of them - possibly the best!

Just picked up a gorgeous copy of Gem Comics #1 (1945) Been wanting one of these in nice shape for years and this one was a steal.

GemComics1.jpg

Nice looking copy!!! What is the grade on this beauty, hard to tell from the pic???

Edited by Blind Owl

Yes ... but mine is more around this :sorry:

Still the best in the set of flowered sarong covers :thumbsup:

Those are great, can't deny that. (thumbs u

But for me, this is still the best flowered sarong cover (is this even a sarong??? not sure..haaa). :cloud9:

sevenseas6.jpg

New in from ComicConnect.

Planet44.jpg

beautiful.

One of the very best covers!

It turns out this was one of John Verzyl's books in the CC auction last month. It is an absolute beauty. I'm close to finishing out the run but finding really pretty Planets is soooo difficult. I don't think much of anyone wants to part with them. This one and the #39 Big Apple I got from Heritage are two of the best looking books in my set.

New in from ComicConnect.

Planet44.jpg

beautiful.

One of the very best covers!

It turns out this was one of John Verzyl's books in the CC auction last month. It is an absolute beauty. I'm close to finishing out the run but finding really pretty Planets is soooo difficult. I don't think much of anyone wants to part with them. This one and the #39 Big Apple I got from Heritage are two of the best looking books in my set.

:sorry:

Dont know about you Jeff, you have so much great stuff, but it is my most beloved title, pretty much the only one I would even think of completing - and I have a looong way to go!

But for me, this is still the best flowered sarong cover (is this even a sarong??? not sure..haaa). :cloud9:

sevenseas6.jpg

It's almost a sarong!

I would call it a saright!

sevenseas6.jpg

It's almost a sarong!

I would call it a saright!

Yes, so wrong it's right!