• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Hi Jack,

I read the story last night. In the story Wonder Woman does shrink down in size and visits the subatomic world to save Earth. The villian who was already in the subatomic world is causing manipulations in Earth atoms. Through the manipulations he is causing all projects Trevor worked on to fall apart. Thats the story in short for ya. thumbsup2.gif

If you take your books out of the baggie and *CHOKE* read them, could you tell me whether the "Atom World" story has anything to do with the similar story in Wonder Woman 21? Does WW shrink down and visit a subatomic world again? I'm deciding whether to move this book up my want list.

SensationComics101.jpg

Sensational! Thanks for the information -- the issue just zoomed up my want list.

It sounds like Kanigher taking liberal "inspiration" from the Marston story in WW 21. Was it a uranium atom again?

I can't find that it's been reprinted and it will probably be a long wait for it to appear in an Archive, so I'll have to bite the bullet to buy the real thing.

Jack

I read the story last night. In the story Wonder Woman does shrink down in size and visits the subatomic world to save Earth. The villian who was already in the subatomic world is causing manipulations in Earth atoms. Through the manipulations he is causing all projects Trevor worked on to fall apart. Thats the story in short for ya. ...

If you take your books out of the baggie and *CHOKE* read them, could you tell me whether the "Atom World" story has anything to do with the similar story in Wonder Woman 21? Does WW shrink down and visit a subatomic world again? I'm deciding whether to move this book up my want list.

Here is one you don't see too often.

Although Romance comics aren't really my thing, I have wanted a copy of this for awhile. Published in 1946, it is generally regarded as the first romance comic ever made. It is woefully undervalued in guide and I picked up this nice 7.0 for a mere $65. I like the cover and I just couldn't pass up a real piece of comics history.

RPN1.jpg

That's not a comic....it's a novelette.............call Robert Beerbohm

Although Romance comics aren't really my thing, I have wanted a copy of this for awhile. Published in 1946, it is generally regarded as the first romance comic ever made. It is woefully undervalued in guide and I picked up this nice 7.0 for a mere $65. I like the cover and I just couldn't pass up a real piece of comics history.

RPN1.jpg

The inside is in traditional comic format, not just prose with illustrations. Not sure why they called it a novelette. confused-smiley-013.gif

The inside is in traditional comic format, not just prose with illustrations. Not sure why they called it a novelette. confused-smiley-013.gif

Loverly!

It says it contains a complete Mary Worth adventure. Does it reprint the syndicated strip?

Loverly!

It says it contains a complete Mary Worth adventure. Does it reprint the syndicated strip?

Yep. The entire book (except for the last page which is a Gertie O'Grady one pager) reprints the Mary Worth syndications.

RPN1.jpg

Nice cover. I like it.

Nice cover. I like it.

It's sort of Caniff-ish, but inked with a dry brush.

Very sharp copy. thumbsup2.gif

And here I thought Young Romance # 1 was the first Romance comic book! gossip.gif I still think it is.

Here's a now or never moment to show this other Mary Worth comic book. I found this thanks to Doug Sulipa, the master at stocking the impossible hail.gif

1363509-HarveyComicHits55s.jpg

1363509-HarveyComicHits55s.jpg.2beb3cb8af790af76e62ab5d9afa9e3b.jpg