• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

Having seen this copy in person, I very jealous!!! What a beautiful set of Jumbo's you have acquired! :cloud9:

Thanks, Jay. It gives me a mini-run of Edgar's Jumbos between 16 and 19.

Jumbo17.jpg

lol Thanks, Michael.

It was pretty satisfying to open the box when these came in. I've no idea where the other early Church Jumbos are, but getting these three really puts a highlight on the last five years of working on this title.

All I need now are decent copies of 11 and 31...and maybe a few upgrades.

Wonderful books Cheetah. Did you get the 12 in ComicConnect?

Yes, I did. Even though I think it was a pressed up 7.0, it went cheaper than I thought.

I've now got the highest graded copies of 9, 12, and 15-24. You need to accept the inevitable and go ahead and sell me your 10 and 13 (and 11 and 14 though I don't remember seeing your copies of those). :baiting: j/k

Yes, I did. Even though I think it was a pressed up 7.0, it went cheaper than I thought.

I've now got the highest graded copies of 9, 12, and 15-24. You need to accept the inevitable and go ahead and sell me your 10 and 13 (and 11 and 14 though I don't remember seeing your copies of those). :baiting: j/k

I still need a 12 and 15.

Here are 11 and 14...

jumbo11.jpg

jumbo14.jpg

I still need a 12 and 15.

Here are 11 and 14...

jumbo11.jpg

jumbo14.jpg

(worship)

14 is such a tough one on color. Here is mine that I got from Mr. Parker.

Jumbo014.jpg

This one also arrived from CGC today.

Census data: 49 total copies graded. However, only 3 blue of a higher grade. 2 at 6.5 and 1 at 8.5. Counting purple, there are 12 higher graded copies.

DetectiveComics35CGC_zps4fbde953.jpg

I posted a group shot of these in the Timely thread the other day, but they weren't in hand yet. So here are some individual shots now that they are in the house. :)

Census data:

20 total copies graded.10 blue higher than this one, but the top graded book is an 8.0!

SunGirl1CGC_zps83e222f6.jpg