• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

There were 5 "Paul" comics in tonight's auction. I bid on all of them, but someone really wanted the two I didn't win.

But, happy to add these three to my collection. Wish I would have been out here when Ed brought the collection to market

adventurecomics95_zps3790ecc4.jpg

One of my favorite Adventure covers. Nice pick up.

Thanks Marty :)

Looks like you and Paul were collecting in the same era

Not familiar with "PAUL"...is this a collector or a collection?

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

A local dealer, Ed Robertson, purchased the collection from the heirs of the original owner. His name was Paul, and he had written his name on all of the comics in his collection. I've been buying a lot of them. I bought what Ed had left and the rest I've been finding in the secondary market

Here is a cool new arrival for my Adventure Comics run

adventure98_zpsf8133950.jpg

You have been ravenous on these lately, Bill. Nothing like having a great collection walk into the LCS and ripe for the taking. Nice!

A local dealer, Ed Robertson, purchased the collection from the heirs of the original owner. His name was Paul, and he had written his name on all of the comics in his collection. I've been buying a lot of them. I bought what Ed had left and the rest I've been finding in the secondary market

Great story...thanks for the information!

mm

Nice to hear of OO GA collections still out there.