• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,385 posts in this topic

I got a few new additions recently thanks to John Verzyl.

Wings6Church804x1280_zpsf309749c.jpg

Wings26MileHigh804x1280_zps2a081d51.jpg

Wings39Church804x1280_zps9f52059a.jpg

Wings92804x1280_zpsa7f0ec4e.jpg

Great copies. Going for the complete run?

Already done. These are just upgrades.

Thanks, Cat. John does work hard to find things for his customers. We've had a deal of trades and purchases that lasted nearly a year before we got it all finalized. I guess it is time to start a new one.

A local dealer, Ed Robertson, purchased the collection from the heirs of the original owner. His name was Paul, and he had written his name on all of the comics in his collection. I've been buying a lot of them. I bought what Ed had left and the rest I've been finding in the secondary market

Nice to hear of OO GA collections still out there.

Indeed it is. But I wish I would have gotten there earlier, as a Batman #1 was in the collection

:(

Wasn't going to post this, but he is one of about 100+ file copies I recently bought from one of the guys who bought the Dell warehouse. Not DC or Marvel, but very rare let alone in this grade. Thought it was worth a look. Posting this for Sagii and Timely. Enjoy, doesn't get any cleaner than this. Hoping for high 9's once graded.

FOUR COLOR #24 (1943)

gangbusters_zps86b2c63b.jpg

Wasn't going to post this, but he is one of about 100+ file copies I recently bought from one of the guys who bought the Dell warehouse. Not DC or Marvel, but very rare let alone in this grade. Thought it was worth a look. Posting this for Sagii and Timely. Enjoy, doesn't get any cleaner than this. Hoping for high 9's once graded.

FOUR COLOR #24 (1943)

Very nice!!

FOUR COLOR #24 (1943)

atta boy Tim! When you pm'd me about this gem, I never imagined it looked that pristine! Congrats, thanks for sharing! :applause:

FOUR COLOR #24 (1943)

That's a great looking copy of a great book.

I only have a VG copy but it's a neat read. I think it has 11 six page stories that all have crimes and murders similar to CDNP comics but just not as bloody. At least half of the stories even say "crime does not pay" at the end.

Absolutely nothing like the typical Dell comic.

FOUR COLOR #24 (1943)

Sweet looking copy! Those colors really pop!

Beauty of a book!!!

So question?? I remember reading a comic in fact I believe it was the very first G.A. I read as a kid! It was missing cover, but I believe it was a World's Finest and an early issue at that. Anyway it had a batman story, and now that I am restarting collecting after a 4 year hiatus I want to collect books that have meaning to me personally or bring back some nostalgia that rings to me specifically! The story involved a few men who were scheduled to be executed for certain crimes and escaped. As the great detective hunted these men down each was killed via fate in the same matter as the executions planned.

It was great story, any help to issue would be appreciated!

Paul

Beauty of a book!!!

So question?? I remember reading a comic in fact I believe it was the very first G.A. I read as a kid! It was missing cover, but I believe it was a World's Finest and an early issue at that. Anyway it had a batman story, and now that I am restarting collecting after a 4 year hiatus I want to collect books that have meaning to me personally or bring back some nostalgia that rings to me specifically! The story involved a few men who were scheduled to be executed for certain crimes and escaped. As the great detective hunted these men down each was killed via fate in the same matter as the executions planned.

Paul

How about this one as a possibility - World's Finest Comics # 40 -

http://www.comics.org/issue/7532/

Check out the 12 page Batman story titled: 4 Killers against Fate.

I'd see your synopsis matching quite nicely with that title.

Beauty of a book!!!

Paul

How about this one as a possibility - World's Finest Comics # 40 -

http://www.comics.org/issue/7532/

Check out the 12 page Batman story titled: 4 Killers against Fate.

I'd see your synopsis matching quite nicely with that title.

Scrooge my man, perfection! That is indeed the story!! Now to go find the book! Thank you!