• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,384 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

All very interesting history. Sounds like someone should write a book about the making of the Gerber books. hm

It's been a while but I think Ernie recounts his efforts in one of the volumes, though not the aftermath.

21 hours ago, nearmint said:

I was the underbidder on the 9.0 last September, so didn't want to miss out on this copy from last night's weekly Heritage auction.   One of my favorite GA covers...

master25.jpg

A wonderful book and right in that sweet spot grade wise!

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Gotta love some "car crash" golden age crime... 

I believe it's the law in 13 states and on American Samoa. (thumbsu

On 3/8/2019 at 3:59 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Low Grade but a Tough MLJ with a Sweet cover imo. It shares some similarities with my all time favorite covers Aces very own Our Flag 5....

A230975E-2204-4DA9-A681-07F14F3BCC51.jpeg

38529FAA-CAF0-4C2B-B844-3D0A507A2F84.jpeg

Ginooooooo!!

Congrats brother, i know that one has been on your radar for years. Sweet pickup and one of the great Hero/Horror mash-up covers! :applause:

13 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Normally when I upgrade a book the undercopy goes to market. Copy on the right is a Raymond Miller so wanted an unrestored copy and got it. Book will be CGCd. Both are stayin’ with me this time I just love this book. 2 #22s!!🤟😊

C9709767-AC72-42D2-84E4-4C4153AB2867.jpeg

Outstanding, and sooooooo rare! And you've got two!!! (worship)