• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Yikes, a wee tad too much for an asking price on these pups, as cool as they are!

Big thanks to Steve (sacentaur) for putting me in touch with Stephen Ritter (great guy to deal with) on this. My first "D" copy and another piece of the Mary Marvel puzzle.

hockey&comicsguy shoots...he...SCORES!!!

Congrat's on the sweet Mary Marvel pedigree, and yes Stephen Ritter is one of the very best dealers out there. (thumbs u (thumbs u

I haven't been able to post for the last couple of months as I was away for work or vacation, but I've picked up quite a few books during that time from both the SD and Baltimore Cons, as well as from internet purchases. I've finally been able to scan them in (although unfortunately I don't have photoshop on this computer so the scan images do not properly reflect the actual colors of the book), so here we go!

Obtained from a fellow forumite!

MM92.jpg

Thanks for the posts!Very cool books.

A couple of sweet Subbys:

Sub34-1.jpg

Sub42-1.jpg

Great books Mark! :applause:

However, Comics Code by-law # 45932-B clearly states that BSDs (such as yourself) are not permitted to buy Subbys, leaving them instead for the rest of us lowly collectors of more limited means.

You should go look that up somewhere.... :baiting:

Big thanks to Steve (sacentaur) for putting me in touch with Stephen Ritter (great guy to deal with) on this. My first "D" copy and another piece of the Mary Marvel puzzle. All the darkness around the edges of the book are from my crummy scanner.

mm20.jpg

That's not a crummy scanner, it's a shi#tty scanner. Nice pick up though (thumbs u

A couple of sweet Subbys:

Sub34-1.jpg

Sub42-1.jpg

Great books Mark! :applause:

However, Comics Code by-law # 45932-B clearly states that BSDs (such as yourself) are not permitted to buy Subbys, leaving them instead for the rest of us lowly collectors of more limited means.

You should go look that up somewhere.... :baiting:

That is true, but you forgot to check the exception in subparagraph (a)(1) which references it is acceptable if you plan on reselling them within a timely (pun intended lol ) period. :gossip:

And after I read both and enjoy them a little bit, I will be doing just that. Keep an eye out! :grin: