• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

Billy , that cover is really cool.

:golfclap:

thank you sir, and here are the rest of the cheslers [with her included down toward the bottom].

cheslers.jpg

Now that's impressive! Quite an accomplishment to aquire a set like that. Any pedigrees in there other than the "D" copy?

Ken

thank you sir, and here are the rest of the cheslers [with her included down toward the bottom].

cheslers.jpg

Now that's impressive! Quite an accomplishment to aquire a set like that. Any pedigrees in there other than the "D" copy?

Ken

Ken, i was fortunate to start collecting the cheslers at the same time beaucoup crippen's were hitting heritage. must be a dozen of them in that picture, most slabbed, a few not. one is a crippen double cover. there are two church copies [a major victory and the last yankee], the yankee 1 is the windy city, one of the dynamics is a big apple and the punch 10 is the hawkeye.

cheslers.jpg

Ken

Ken, i was fortunate to start collecting the cheslers at the same time beaucoup crippen's were hitting heritage. must be a dozen of them in that picture, most slabbed, a few not. one is a crippen double cover. there are two church copies [a major victory and the last yankee], the yankee 1 is the windy city, one of the dynamics is a big apple and the punch 10 is the hawkeye.

I really like those yankees

cheslers.jpg

What an an awesome group shot. I would LOVE to own a Scoop 2 and Punch 1 someday. Also a Punch 11, Scoop 3, Dynamic....oh hell, I want them all. :frustrated:

I can't compete with the amazing books that have been posted here lately, but here's a couple of low-rent strip reprint (any new material in these?) books that I just one. Nice, bright-looking comics from 1948 for about $8 each!

This cover cracks me up. It looks Anthony sent Nancy and Sluggo to the cornfield.

48289-sparklecomics2.jpg

And this one is different, a Nancy/Katzenjammer Kids crossover. Beating children used to be funny!

48290-sparklecomics8.jpg

Jack

I can't compete with the amazing books that have been posted here lately, but here's a couple of low-rent strip reprint (any new material in these?) books that I just one. Nice, bright-looking comics from 1948 for about $8 each!

This cover cracks me up. It looks Anthony sent Nancy and Sluggo to the cornfield.

48289-sparklecomics2.jpg

And this one is different, a Nancy/Katzenjammer Kids crossover. Beating children used to be funny!

48290-sparklecomics8.jpg

Jack

luckily this is not a competition, but an appreciation!

sparkle 1-33 is a little run I am going to put together some day!

You can probably put the run together between breakfast and lunch one day.

Lucky you -- you know where to find #2 and #8. Did I mention that I only paid $80 each for them?

Jack

happy to help out a pal

Lucky you -- you know where to find #2 and #8. Did I mention that I only paid $80 each for them?

Jack

happy to help out a pal

:signfunny:

but, if when I start the run, and you do want to sell, lmk

Jack

happy to help out a pal

lol:signfunny:

Posted in my con report, but belongs here...

National Comics #18

NationalComics18.jpg

That's an awesome book Trooper, I always wanted to read that one.

troop will scan it for us

You don't think he'd be afraid of lowering the grade by opening it all the way?

Jack

(it's already in my favorite grade -- complete and readable)