• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,450 posts in this topic

It is a "Month" book. Can't wait to sit down and read this one (thumbs u

And an odd genre mixture to boot.

I just hope for your sake that it's not goofy.

Jack

Jack, I'm happy to report that it wasn't too goofy at all and sure was a mix.

Dodged that bullet!

The book started with a standard bank robbery plot story with pencils that remind me of Frank Giacioa (?) followed by the Williamson story with the horror element..... Here are 2 pages from the Williamson job - I particularly like the coloring on the splash of the bottom left panel. It's better when I don't take down the scan quality too much like I had to ...

Great pages.

Would you be giving too much away to tell us whether the ogres are "real" or a Scooby-Do plot? It'd be tough to imagine some danged owlhoot rustlers in them monkey suits.

Jack

Let's use this area to showoff our new recent Golden Age books! Of course you'll see MLJ mostly from me, and early Archie stuff.

Wow - this thread was started in August 2003 - nearly 4 1/2 years ago!

Here is a book I've had for a while, but not sure if (or when) I ever posted it:

bcat33.jpg

bcat33b.jpg

The book started with a standard bank robbery plot story with pencils that remind me of Frank Giacioa (?) followed by the Williamson story with the horror element..... Here are 2 pages from the Williamson job - I particularly like the coloring on the splash of the bottom left panel. It's better when I don't take down the scan quality too much like I had to ...

Great pages.

Would you be giving too much away to tell us whether the ogres are "real" or a Scooby-Do plot? It'd be tough to imagine some danged owlhoot rustlers in them monkey suits.

Jack

:gossip: I was surprised to see that they are REAL!!

Let's use this area to showoff our new recent Golden Age books! Of course you'll see MLJ mostly from me, and early Archie stuff.

Wow - this thread was started in August 2003 - nearly 4 1/2 years ago!

Here is a book I've had for a while, but not sure if (or when) I ever posted it:

bcat33.jpg

bcat33b.jpg

Freakin' beautiful book, classic electric chair cover! (worship):golfclap: