• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

Here are some other Marvel Man covers.....

Doctor Hormone -- HAW!!!

Just what those teen-age comic book readers needed. I wonder if any astute Legion of Super-Hero fans suggested him as a new member.

Artist's signature on the second cover? What does it say?

Thanks,

Jack

53029-popular53larson.jpg

53030-popular58larson.jpg

Newest Oldie Goldie, on the way to the Owl's nest!!!

I Love the Tiny Tim cover on this one!!!

That is outstanding news. We will have a blast :banana:

Here is a nice little, cheap, book that arrived today. It is in keeping with my oddball superhero theme.

popular47.jpg

I'll take them all off your hands Jon :wishluck:

Nice to own an Allentown considering that the collection is very small. Nice pickup, Rick.. didnt see you as the type of guy to pick up a NM+

He's been hanging around Bedrock a lot lately, and Gator is still a young, impressionable guy.

I mean one weekend with Parker last year and he suddenly was a Timely collector. One weekend with Evans this year.....and now he is a mint monster.

Alas poor Gator....we hardly knew ye....

Signed,

Low Grade DC Collectors of America

Doctor Hormone -- HAW!!!

Just what those teen-age comic book readers needed. I wonder if any astute Legion of Super-Hero fans suggested him as a new member.

Thanks,

Jack

I cannot read it....sorry

Nice to own an Allentown considering that the collection is very small. Nice pickup, Rick.. didnt see you as the type of guy to pick up a NM+

He's been hanging around Bedrock a lot lately, and Gator is still a young, impressionable guy.

I mean one weekend with Parker last year and he suddenly was a Timely collector. One weekend with Evans this year.....and now he is a mint monster.

Signed,

if it makes you feel better, pons, I did pick up a restored batman 1 ...you know that no self respecting Low Grade DC collector would be caught dead without one

Signed,

Geez Rick what a sell out! One weekend with a HG Pedigree collector and you go and change all your collecting habits.

I would NEVER do something like that......oh wait doh!

Signed,

Geez Rick what a sell out! One weekend with a HG Pedigree collector and you go and change all your collecting habits.

I would NEVER do something like that......oh wait doh!

actually, I bought the Allentown long before Ponscon...only just got it back from cgc this week...now, I was influenced greatly at ponscon, but hopefully in a good way

Signed,

if it makes you feel better, pons, I did pick up a restored batman 1 ...you know that no self respecting Low Grade DC collector would be caught dead without one

(worship)

Truer words were never spoken

Which one? The one from clink?

Signed,

(worship)

I said I picked it up, I didn't say I bought one lol

Signed,

(worship)

Har de har har

Signed,

(worship)

Har de har har

:foryou:

Thanks,

Jack

53030-popular58larson.jpg

It says E.C. Stoner (Mr Phantasmo himself).

Funnies48GA.jpg

Hah! In that case, we should be grateful for Marvel Man's miniskirt (and should not speculate about boxers or briefs).

E. C. Stoner -- what a name for a comic-book artist! I think someone mentioned recently that he was African-American. Creator of Mister Peanut!

Bibliography at Bails' Who's Who

I wondered whether he was also responsible for Doctor Hormone -- apparently not -- and found some pages on-line. Utterly bizarre! Here are two splash pages, one by Ralph Carlson and the other by Bob Bugg.

Master of Human Chemistry -- more Golden Age for my want list!

Jack

53040-HormoneCarlson.jpg

53039-HormoneBugg.jpg

That is soooooooo cool, Jack, Jon, & BZ. That kind of stuff just epitomizes early GA to me. There was so much experimentation going on by artists, writers, publishers. The "boundaries" of the medium hadn't been set and anything went. It must have been a blast to be a kid then.