• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

:cloud9::banana:

Awesome! :applause:

My favorite Senorita Rio cover (for a couple of reasons :luhv:)!

Reason 1:

zzz-Copy.jpg

Reason 2:

zzz.jpg

I like it because the guy in the background is about to get clubbed with a giant ant!

Reason 1:

zzz-Copy.jpg

Reason 2:

zzz.jpg

I like it because the guy in the background is about to get clubbed with a giant ant!

:cloud9::cloud9:

Reason 1:

zzz-Copy.jpg

Reason 2:

zzz.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9:

toast.gif

Latest pickups (Tecs are in the Tec thread):

Always liked this cover:

and my favorite:

MoreFun52.jpg

My favorite too. Just fabulous George. (worship) I sure hope you bring this with you to Chicago :wishluck:

Me too! :wishluck:

(worship)

guys, I doubt koko is coo coo enough to carry $70K books around with him...geesh (tsk)

we'll just have to plan a UK visit :headbang:

Don't be a dork. There are people at every show carrying around a lot more value in comics than that. Heck, I had more than that with me last year. Remember?

yeah, but you are coo coo :kidaround:

I know. But it was fun to enjoy them with friends

Have to think about that.

as much as I would LOVE to hold it, the decision is obvious hm

Don't let the Gator wussify you.

:grin:

I don't understand the "not taking it" logic. So if you bought one just like it at the show, what then? Either way the book is with you and you control it. (shrug)

But hey, that's just how I roll. To each his own.

Some keep their books in a bank downtown and have to schedule and appointment with them to visit for a few minutes....

Others keep them at home so they can enjoy them everyday.

Whatever works for someone is fine by me.

Reason 1:

zzz-Copy.jpg

Reason 2:

zzz.jpg

Looks like it was pretty cold that day

Latest pickups (Tecs are in the Tec thread):

Always liked this cover:

and my favorite:

MoreFun52.jpg

My favorite too. Just fabulous George. (worship) I sure hope you bring this with you to Chicago :wishluck:

Me too! :wishluck:

(worship)

guys, I doubt koko is coo coo enough to carry $70K books around with him...geesh (tsk)

we'll just have to plan a UK visit :headbang:

Don't be a dork. There are people at every show carrying around a lot more value in comics than that. Heck, I had more than that with me last year. Remember?

yeah, but you are coo coo :kidaround:

I know. But it was fun to enjoy them with friends

Have to think about that.

as much as I would LOVE to hold it, the decision is obvious hm

Don't let the Gator wussify you.

:grin:

I don't understand the "not taking it" logic. So if you bought one just like it at the show, what then? Either way the book is with you and you control it. (shrug)

But hey, that's just how I roll. To each his own.

Some keep their books in a bank downtown and have to schedule and appointment with them to visit for a few minutes....

Others keep them at home so they can enjoy them everyday.

Whatever works for someone is fine by me.

I am a keep at home and enjoy guy, but the only time I ever traveled with a book on plane (to SDCC 2 years ago), it got badly damaged (and it was a cheapy compared to that MF)...I guess the "risk" of handling, through airport security, on a plane, etc, etc is too much in my opinion on that copy ...now, I would LOVE to see some of 1koko's books in person versus a scan (I mean, that is a great joy of mine!), he has put together one of the best collections I know of in the past 2 years I have watched, but I wouldn't pressure him into bringing a "big" ticket item like that, because it is virtually unreplaceable....

but, georgie is a big boy, and will do what is good for him (thumbs u

if I could drive it, I would do it, but flying (especially overseas) just would make me a "wuss"

Talked about this Ribtickler in the short bus thread. Not sure if it's an original or reprint. What say you guys.

Ribtickler3.jpg

Ribtickler3int.jpg

where is the trooper on the cover :baiting:

The answer is a little to the left of your scan. What's in the indicia at the bottom of the inside cover?

My Ribtickler

ribtickler.jpg

(Bill's scan)

is definitely a reprint and it says "Copyright 1957 Green Publishing Company" in the (very brief) indicia. The ads are vintage 1950s too.

Yours looks like an original to me, with the 1946 cover date and full indicia. The contents look more interesting than mine too, which is mostly Noodnik reprints.

Lost Chord? Moody Blues prototype!

Nice catch, 'Troop.

Jack

Talked about this Ribtickler in the short bus thread. Not sure if it's an original or reprint. What say you guys.

Ribtickler3.jpg

Ribtickler3int.jpg

The answer is a little to the left of your scan. What's in the indicia at the bottom of the inside cover?

My Ribtickler

ribtickler.jpg

(Bill's scan)

is definitely a reprint and it says "Copyright 1957 Green Publishing Company" in the (very brief) indicia. The ads are vintage 1950s too.

Yours looks like an original to me, with the 1946 cover date and full indicia. The contents look more interesting than mine too, which is mostly Noodnik reprints.

Lost Chord? Moody Blues prototype!

Nice catch, 'Troop.

Jack

Yup the indicia reads December 1945. Mine is an original, pretty cool ebay find after all.

I love this cover. So bizarre. This one has to be on some top 10 atom age lists....

pictureparade1.jpg

:takeit: Very nice! :applause:

That is cool (thumbs u I guess the moral of the story is if you see a mushroom cloud you should say goodbye to your dog...

I love this cover. So bizarre. This one has to be on some top 10 atom age lists....

pictureparade1.jpg

That is cool (thumbs u I guess the moral of the story is if you see a mushroom cloud you should say goodbye to your dog...

You of all people should recognize the significance of this cover, 143ksk. Take another look at your avatar, then the cover. It's the Secret Origin of Archie! While on a camping trip to the desert Southwest, young Archie realizes that his dog, Barfo (RIP) has wandered onto a secret government installation where the Delta Bomb is being tested. As the countdown proceeds, young Archie spots Barfo and attempts to shield him from the blast. The Delta Bomb explosion fuses Archie's and Barfo's personalities, resulting in a mutant Archie with pheromones that mysteriously compel all females to find him as irresistably cute as a puppy. That's why hot babes like Veronica and Betty are always fawning over an ugly dog like Archie, no matter how much of a lout he is.

Jack

Edited by selegue

pictureparade1.jpg

You of all people should recognize the significance of this cover, 143ksk. Take another look at your avatar, then the cover. It's the Secret Origin of Archie! While on a camping trip to the desert Southwest, young Archie realizes that his dog, Barfo (RIP) has wandered onto a secret government installation where the Delta Bomb is being tested. As the countdown proceeds, young Archie spots Barfo and attempts to shield him from the blast. The Delta Bomb explosion fuses Archie's and Barfo's personalities, resulting in a mutant Archie with pheromones that mysteriously compel all females to find him as irresistably cute as a puppy. That's why hot babes like Veronica and Betty are always fawning over an ugly dog like Archie, no matter how much of a lout he is.

Jack

Funny....yet................somewhat disturbing....

Andy, I've got to agree with you...it's a grail of some oddball collectors. Your's doesn't have the teachers wrap, but does have great colors.

53678-PictureParadeInnercoverfront.JPG.5b7c814129f79b06eecafa1ca833c1a9.JPG

53679-Pictureparadeinnerbackcover.JPG.ab8ad9d99bbb4f46bb0a6f7381c15543.JPG

53680-Pictureparaderadioactivedog.JPG.287ec11ade8b22a9e0136f33accd0c33.JPG