• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

Nice Ken...does that mean you have an undercopy? :wishluck:

Steve,

I have two other copies of this book, both in the VG+ range. Both copies have average cream / off-white pages though. I will have them in San Diego. You're going, right?

Ken

Nice Ken...does that mean you have an undercopy? :wishluck:

Steve,

I have two other copies of this book, both in the VG+ range. Both copies have average cream / off-white pages though. I will have them in San Diego. You're going, right?

Ken

well, steve doesn't do "cream" so bring me one in SD :) (booth 1206 in the GA/SA pavilion)

These just arrived today from House of Comics:

th_PS3FC.jpgth_PS4FC.jpgth_PS5FC.jpg

I'll post a group shot of all six when I get back from vacation. :banana:

Thanks for the books Marc!

Great catch. I'm really impressed at how innovative these covers were.

PS3FC.jpg

Was this one of Infantino's first "divided between two worlds" covers? His artwork sure was clean in the early 1950s.

PS4FC.jpg

Is this one of the earliest cover examples of an image inked in a color besides black? Can someone clue me in on technically what was done here? Was the witch (?) inked in black as usual then passed off to the colorist, who included it on the red plate -- or something like that? I'm not used to seeing this technique used (and abused) frequently until the 70s.

Great eyes on the woman!

PS5FC.jpg

What's this? Was the hooded figure spotted in black, crosshatched with white ink, printed in black and finally overprinted with yellow? Very unusual for 50s, isn't it?

I wonder whether Adler was involved in all these experiments.

Looking forward to it!

Jack

th_PS3FC.jpgth_PS4FC.jpgth_PS5FC.jpg

I love those 1950's Phantom Stangers, congratulations! :thumbsup:

This one was sold to me by the great Sacentaur during our geek meet up a couple weeks ago (worship)

My first Heroic and CA Ped :cloud9:

Comics003-1.jpg

Comics004-2.jpg

Comics005-2.jpg

Comics006-2.jpg

just a great book Ronaldo; gotta love the c.a.'s. hey, i'd love to have a c.a. c.a. now that i think about it; got a c.a. m.m. but no c.a c.a.. got my d.c. run going, so i've already got a lot of caca, would be another way of looking at it.

just a great book Ronaldo; gotta love the c.a.'s. hey, i'd love to have a c.a. c.a. now that i think about it; got a c.a. m.m. but no c.a c.a.. got my d.c. run going, so i've already got a lot of caca, would be another way of looking at it.

huh (shrug)

huh (shrug)

(Cosmic Aeroplane Captain America... definitely not caca, DC = caca :gossip: )

huh (shrug)

that is the problem with folks in lu-eseeanna, dey kant spel goode enuf to rite it all out, dey gots to used dem apreciations leders

huh (shrug)

:roflmao: ..... well done Billy!

Nice translating Richard (thumbs u

huh (shrug)

Sez the guy who follows the Astros... :baiting:

huh (shrug)

Sez the guy who follows the Astros... :baiting:

Astros = dookie