• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,442 posts in this topic

I didn't think I had any yellow GA covers, but a peek into the boxes actually showed several, some of which I already have scans!

Brick_Bradford_6.jpg

bolt119.jpg

suspense9.jpg

Dime novels probably don't count, do they?

BraveandBold022fcsm.jpg

Um... is it wrong that I love the name "Freemie"?

Even stranger, his(?) sister(?) is named Freema!

BraveandBold004fcsm.jpg

Funny to imagine Maw calling out the back door for them to come in for dinner.

Jack

You know what, I never noticed the were different stamps! doh!

I love the title of the story - "The Boy Balloonist, or Among Weird Polar People." Talk about a sub-title non sequitor!

Edited by Theagenes

superman1-1.jpg

tec27cgc8f.jpg

batman1g.jpg

Yellow cover thread officially closed by these three books! Rick is the ^^

(worship) (worship) (worship):luhv: :luhv: :luhv:

thank you, thank you...but, it is not a contest.... I suspect some of bedrock's timelys far exceed condition , value and scarcity, and there are countless others that would too ...just posting examples for our friends to compare (thumbs u

It is a total coincidence that this is a yellow cover. At least this way I don't have to break up the party :)

Went to Sacentaur's house today and left with this beauty. I left a lot there as well, including a nice replacement copy. I think Steve and I are both VERY happy with our trade :D

Thanks Steve for parting with this great Larson!!! (worship)

scan0017.jpg

It is a total coincidence that this is a yellow cover. At least this way I don't have to break up the party :)

Went to Sacentaur's house today and left with this beauty. I left a lot there as well, including a nice replacement copy. I think Steve and I are both VERY happy with our trade :D

scan0017.jpg

Congrats guys... I saw the Eldon copy, and it was a beaut.

scan0017.jpg

(worship)

superman1-1.jpg

tec27cgc8f.jpg

batman1g.jpg

Yellow cover thread officially closed by these three books! Rick is the ^^

(worship) (worship) (worship):luhv: :luhv: :luhv:

thank you, thank you...but, it is not a contest.... I suspect some of bedrock's timelys far exceed condition , value and scarcity, and there are countless others that would too ...just posting examples for our friends to compare (thumbs u

Nice 3.0 Supes 1. and with a 6.0 cover too.

Well somebody sooner or later would have to break up the party. This doesn't compare to anything shown lately but I still like it and it may have a shade of yellow in it. ;)

Just got it in the mail Saturday.

fight40.jpg

Edited by pinball

superman1-1.jpg

Nice 3.0 Supes 1. and with a 6.0 cover too.

the supes 1 was a formerly cgc'd 4.5 or 5.0 (can't remember) slightly restored copy...had some glue and slight color touch removed (though miniscule remnants of both were left).... not originally "un" restored, but "de" restored, so to speak... initial work was so minor, it made sense to remove, and thus, to many, make it more valuable, though it is the "same" book ... but perfect example of how removing the resto, lowered the grade from a 4.5/5.0 purple to a 3.0 blue...but increased the value by 50%... in this case, the book looks pretty much the same, so this example would not work on every book ("de" restoring), but this one was a perfect candidate...