• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

:applause: My favorite Black Cat cover. Yes, I like it even move than the #50. A true classic. :banana:

BC 50 is probably my all-time favorite horror cover, but this one is fantastic too. Has a great 50s Twilight Zone feel to it.

:applause:

That one has recently moved up on my want list.

According to the most recent Alter Ego, in an interview, Warren Kremer the cover artist mentions that it is an auto-portrait. He drew it up first, then crumpled that paper, threw around on the floor a bit, then used that to draw the final version of the cover. (thumbs u

Didn't know that! Very cool.

My newest addition.

88528.jpg

:luhv:

Love it (thumbs u Congrats!

Very cool FUELMAN :applause:

LooneyTunes15_0001.jpg

This came in yesterdays mail. Its a #15 from 1943. Bugs is drawn a bit differently back then.....and he's more goofy or somethin, but I like it....AND its a Christmas issue. Back cover is cool too......

LooneyTunes15_0002.jpg

Edited by Senormac

LooneyTunes15_0001.jpg

This came in yesterdays mail. Its a #15 from 1943. Bugs is drawn a bit differently back then.....and he's more goofy or somethin, but I like it....AND its a Christmas issue. Back cover is cool too......

Great stuff.

I love the old-school Bugs. Let's have a review of the Mary Jane and Sniffles story!

The series tends to be pretty affordable for its age, doesn't it?

Jack

LooneyTunes15_0001.jpg

Great stuff.

I love the old-school Bugs. Let's have a review of the Mary Jane and Sniffles story!

Jack

Cool book. Love the old style Bugs. :applause:

Great stuff.

Jack

Yes. Compared to Disney's Comics and Stories.....its much less, course there is no Barks work. This book is $50 - $100 - $150 for G - VG - F in the guide.

The MJ and Sniffles story is odd because Bugs and Elmer are in it. Its a simple - Christmas - good deed - secret gift giving in Santas name story line. Nothing to spectacular really. I like the Bugs, Elmer and Porky stories better.

Looney15MJstorycopy.jpg

Great stuff.

Yes. Compared to Disney's Comics and Stories.....its much less, course there is no Barks work. This book is $50 - $100 - $150 for G - VG - F in the guide.

But the lower grades rarely achieve those prices (at least the ones I buy).

The MJ and Sniffles story is odd because Bugs and Elmer are in it. Its a simple - Christmas - good deed - secret gift giving in Santas name story line. Nothing to spectacular really. I like the Bugs, Elmer and Porky stories better.

Looney15MJstorycopy.jpg

Thanks. I don't know why I like the feature so much.

Interesting to see a crossover. On that page, MJ and S are small but Batty, Bugs and Elmer are large? Why did MJ get small to take presents to Batty? I'm a little confused.

Jack

happy halloween, everybody.

animal5.jpg

Nice Parker. Is that book in your "ceiling shot" pic with Ricky? I doubt it......

Thanks. I don't know why I like the feature so much.

Interesting to see a crossover. On that page, MJ and S are small but Batty, Bugs and Elmer are large? Why did MJ get small to take presents to Batty? I'm a little confused.

Jack

Yea.....I don't know who Batty is, but he seems to be the same size as Sniffles when shrunk. Bugs and Elmer are regular size......MJ and Sniffles shrink down to visit Batty....who, for some reason is very small. So is the Old woman who lives in a shoe, who also makes an appearance in this story. I don't have enough of these to put any story continuity together :(

happy halloween, everybody.

animal5.jpg

Nice Parker. Is that book in your "ceiling shot" pic with Ricky? I doubt it......

'mac, that shot was of books picked out of my boxes by ricky; of the timely geeks, he's the one with the flair for creating eclectic group shots. no picture was taken, but he built a pyramid of about 20 of my slabs--the theme? "these books billy should sell to me."

he built a pyramid of about 20 of my slabs--the theme? "these books billy should sell to me."

:takeit: