• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,445 posts in this topic

That line in the scan looks familiar. hm

Congratulations! :applause:

Yes, if only I had been cruising the threads that day, I'd have saved myself...well....a pretty nice profit for Brent.... lol

BTW, since you didn't offer it to me first, I can't in good conscience give you dibs on the Dear Beatrice Fairfax... :P

I usually don't post books in this thread because normally, all I buy are Actions and they are posted in the Superman thread. Anyhow, I have been purchasing some cool giveaways. Here's one from 1954 with a gloss on the cover to dream for. :cloud9:

Chevroletwonderlandgiveaway001.jpg

Chevroletwonderlandgiveaway002.jpg

Chevroletwonderlandgiveaway003.jpg

Yes, if only I had been cruising the threads that day, I'd have saved myself...well....a pretty nice profit for Brent.... lol

BTW, since you didn't offer it to me first, I can't in good conscience give you dibs on the Dear Beatrice Fairfax... :P

:sorry:

A little alcohol on a Q-tip across the lens and it will be gone

Good to know (thumbs u

I usually don't post books in this thread because normally, all I buy are Actions and they are posted in the Superman thread. Anyhow, I have been purchasing some cool giveaways. Here's one from 1954 with a gloss on the cover to dream for. :cloud9:

Chevroletwonderlandgiveaway001.jpg

Chevroletwonderlandgiveaway002.jpg

Chevroletwonderlandgiveaway003.jpg

I love it....and want it. :)

So I gave up a small fortume in trade and cash for it, when am I ever going to have the chance to pick up another?

FY6cgc90f.jpg

:censored::takeit::frustrated::pullhair::luhv::slapfight:(worship):D:wishluck::applause: ...:sorry: as you can see, I have very conflicted emotions on this one. You people are keeeeeling me! Congrats JTMF, I need to go have a nap/cry

So I gave up a small fortume in trade and cash for it, when am I ever going to have the chance to pick up another?

FY6cgc90f.jpg

:censored::takeit::frustrated::pullhair::luhv::slapfight:(worship):D:wishluck::applause: ...:sorry: as you can see, I have very conflicted emotions on this one. You people are keeeeeling me! Congrats JTMF, I need to go have a nap/cry

I pulled a Vito Corelone, and made Brent an offer he couldn't refuse. He politely declined my offer of a severed horse head to be added in to the books and money I sent him though. hm

Don't worry Chris, last time I checked, your collection was still the bee's knees, with or without a crusty old Fighting Yank book to sully it up.

FY6cgc90f.jpg

I pulled a Vito Corelone, and made Brent an offer he couldn't refuse. He politely declined my offer of a severed horse head to be added in to the books and money I sent him though. hm

Don't worry Chris, last time I checked, your collection was still the bee's knees, with or without a crusty old Fighting Yank book to sully it up.

I was looking hard at that one, too. When I went back for a second look it was already gone to Brent. Glad you picked it up Jive.

FY6cgc90f.jpg

I was looking hard at that one, too. When I went back for a second look it was already gone to Brent. Glad you picked it up Jive.

Thanks, happy to have it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there is no GPA info on the book...Its one of those timeless GA Classics that tends to never leave a collection once its there, no matter what the grade. I'd be curious to see what a low to mid grade copy would fetch in a no reserve C-Link auction...I'm guessing $800-$1k easy.