• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first experience with Popscomicbooks

89 posts in this topic

There was or is currently a "raw" trooper book that I was considering buying, but I remembered the previous complaints about this seller on this board. Let's just say, I passed. I really snatch up every trooper book I come across, but when it comes to sellers with bad reps, I pass.

I came close to buying their More Fun Comics #52 CGC Universal 3.0 that was on ebay around the same time as your #54. I had numerous emails back and forth with Tina, and I too felt she was friendly and professional. I only wish we could have worked out our first deal together, then I'd be showing off the Origin of The Spectre! foreheadslap.gif

hello all...

MF 52 is a tough one...she has a nice looking 3.0, priced at 2x guide I think...

rick

Hey Big "R"... C'mon man!!! Don't tell everyone! Ubermad.gif -------------------- LOL.gif

I came close to buying their More Fun Comics #52 CGC Universal 3.0 that was on ebay around the same time as your #54. I had numerous emails back and forth with Tina, and I too felt she was friendly and professional. I only wish we could have worked out our first deal together, then I'd be showing off the Origin of The Spectre! foreheadslap.gif

Be cautious. Very cautious. At least it is a CGC book, but still....sometimes principles should outweigh the desire to own a particular book. This is a seller who, in my personal opinion, doesn't deserve good customers given their attitude and treatment of others.

....sometimes principles should outweigh the desire to own a particular book. This is a seller who, in my personal opinion, doesn't deserve good customers given their attitude and treatment of others.

Rick, this is a good point. you should send the book back immediately. if the return criteria require you to have solid grounds, refer Tina to this post.

....sometimes principles should outweigh the desire to own a particular book. This is a seller who, in my personal opinion, doesn't deserve good customers given their attitude and treatment of others.

Rick, this is a good point. you should send the book back immediately. if the return criteria require you to have solid grounds, refer Tina to this post.

Actually, BP is probably right Rick. I'm glad he has taken the initiative to be even more aggressive than I am about this dealer. I understand BP is supposedly an experienced lawyer and seasoned collector, so if he says this, you likely should give it some thought. Good for you BP thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Meanwhile, I continue to offer to anyone who has had a negative transaction with this seller the opportunity for reduced, or even pro bono, legal assistance against them. I've seen enough negative examples behind the scenes to cause me to hold this view. And feel free to tell Tina that as well.

I understand BP is supposedly an experienced lawyer and seasoned collector, so if he says this, you likely should give it some thought.

mark, get it right; i'm a seasoned lawyer and experienced collector. there's a distinction to made in there, but i'm too tired to put my finger on it.

I understand BP is supposedly an experienced lawyer and seasoned collector, so if he says this, you likely should give it some thought.

mark, get it right; i'm a seasoned lawyer and experienced collector. there's a distinction to made in there, but i'm too tired to put my finger on it.

Sorry! sorry.gif Next time I promise to get it straight. thumbsup2.gifwink.gif

Meanwhile, I continue to offer to anyone who has had a negative transaction with this seller the opportunity for reduced, or even pro bono, legal assistance against them. I've seen enough negative examples behind the scenes to cause me to hold this view. And feel free to tell Tina that as well.

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Apparently someone did!!! Wow, Tina goes off on a rant against me and also Steve Meyer. It is quite funny. If this rant doesn't tell you she has "issues" that comic books simply won't fix (are you reading this Tina, yes, I would be happy to meet with you and your husband :hi: ), than I don't know what will.

"A Note to all Sincere Bidders" from popscomics

Holy S were they actually selling at SDCC. gees I would have liked to have seen them in person

Not that I saw. Not surprisingly, popscomics never told me about their ranting or contacted me to complain. Someone else told me about their page with respect to Meyer and that they also were complaining about some attorney. It turned out to be me!!! lol

I feel like buying a book from them to experience the great Customer service.

Man they seem like they have issue's.

Mark have you ever actually caught an ambulance and if you did what did you do with it.

John

I have actually caught an ambulance hundreds of times!! Of course, I was an Emergency Medical Technician in NY and not an attorney at the time. But I have a feeling they couldn't tell the difference. :gossip:

:D