• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRAPPY ROACH ATE MY AVENGERS 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 posts in this topic

People, I'm sick. Just visited my parents and went to pull some comics in my closet. I have most of my expensive books in mylar and I left the box top open because, as most of you know, mylar sleeves can't be sealed. mad.gif

Anyway, my Avengers 4, the one I just purchased from MET was sitting at the front of all the mylar-ed comics. Except now there's about a HALF-INCH CHUCK OUT OF THE TOP OF THE BOOK FROM WHERE SOME ROACH DECIDED TO HAVE LUNCH!!!!!

As you can see from the scan...

My Ate Up Avengers 4

I'm still physically ill. My mother joked that "at least we know we have some high-class roaches around the house."

Ha-Ha. Funny, mom.

Anyway, I'm selling this comic. Gonna use what I get to put a down payment on another one.

Here's a copy of the back

The Roach Could Have At Least Ate the Back and Not Spoiled the Cover

The comic is flat, a few creases in the cover, spine stress and the cover is off-centered. Date stamp on back.

Anybody interested in an ate-up copy of the good Captain's first appearence in the Silver Age, PM me....

Now, just let me find the roach who did it.... 893frustrated.gif

Unless you're a registered pedophile.....you might want to change that. 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif I was thinking exactly the same thing...I don't know what his intended meaning was, but that just didn't sound right! shocked.gif

Unless you're a registered pedophile.....you might want to change that. 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif I was thinking exactly the same thing...I don't know what his intended meaning was, but that just didn't sound right! shocked.gif

Jeeze - it is a chocolate cake type thing by Hostess foods. Seemed to be the next natural seque. If more protest I shall change it to A baby ate my Hostess Dingdong chocolate cake.

CRAPPY ROACH ATE MY AVENGERS 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think you have it bad?.......a Dingo ate my baby. blush.gif

lol

893Funny-thumb.gif

by any chance are you a Buffy:TVS fan?

Dingoes Ate My Baby is the band Oz (Seth Green) plays for

Nah....don't watch it. Actually, this line originally came from an old movie, but I can't remember the name of it. I'm sure somebody in here will though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah....don't watch it. Actually, this line originally came from an old movie, but I can't remember the name of it. I'm sure somebody in here will though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There is a 1983 TV movie called Who Killed Baby Azaria? It is a true story of a woman in the Australian outback who saw a dingo carry off her baby. Went to trial. She was found guilty of killing her own baby and went to prison for 3 years. Later forensic evidence overruled the decision and she was set free. Can you imagine seeing a wild animal carry off one of your children and then being accused, found guilty and imprisoned? Gyah!

Jeeze - it is a chocolate cake type thing by Hostess foods. Seemed to be the next natural seque. If more protest I shall change it to A baby ate my Hostess Dingdong chocolate cake.

Perhaps you should referance a differant junkfood as DINGDONGS aren't politically correct... 893whatthe.gif

There is a 1983 TV movie called Who Killed Baby Azaria? It is a true story of a woman in the Australian outback who saw a dingo carry off her baby. Went to trial. She was found guilty of killing her own baby and went to prison for 3 years. Later forensic evidence overruled the decision and she was set free. Can you imagine seeing a wild animal carry off one of your children and then being accused, found guilty and imprisoned? Gyah!

Or, if you want to NOT have to over-explain your humor like that :::glare::: you could just say you saw it on Seinfeld and be done with it! 893frustrated.gif

Or, if you want to NOT have to over-explain your humor like that :::glare::: you could just say you saw it on Seinfeld and be done with it! 893frustrated.gif

No.....Khaos is back! frown.gif

Now...where's BOC? BOC...come out...come out...wherever you are! confused-smiley-013.gif

Or, if you want to NOT have to over-explain your humor like that :::glare::: you could just say you saw it on Seinfeld and be done with it!

I suppose I could if I understood that. But I am not a real Seinfeld fan. Have seen maybe a couple of dozen episodes. blush.gif

Or, if you want to NOT have to over-explain your humor like that :::glare::: you could just say you saw it on Seinfeld and be done with it!

The phrase is actually from a Meryl Streep movie called "A Cry in the Dark" (1988) based on the same incident.

Elaine on Seinfeld was imitating Meryl Streep's Australian accent.