• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon April 14-15, 2007

161 posts in this topic

Anybody can do whatever they want, actually. No threads will be locked, no individuals will be run out of the building for trying to sell offline. Self policing is probably the best way to go.

All I can do is ask people not to sell their stuff between midnight Saturday night and 6 PM Sunday night. I personally won't sell anything between those times, and I hope other sellers don't either, but

if you want to sell your product offline, I can't stop you.

I would hope that sellers will update their "booths" between days.

what about overseas boarders ? 6pm midnight means midnight 6 am here confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

I agree...starting just a few hours earlier would make it a lot more feasible for some of us.

I know because we live on the other side of the planet we probably don't carry much weight as buyers, but I seem to recall that when the previous V-con ended and we had a pro & con discussion, earlier hours were suggested, especially since it's now a two-day event confused-smiley-013.gif

Anybody can do whatever they want, actually. No threads will be locked, no individuals will be run out of the building for trying to sell offline. Self policing is probably the best way to go.

All I can do is ask people not to sell their stuff between midnight Saturday night and 6 PM Sunday night. I personally won't sell anything between those times, and I hope other sellers don't either, but

if you want to sell your product offline, I can't stop you.

I would hope that sellers will update their "booths" between days.

what about overseas boarders ? 6pm midnight means midnight 6 am here confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

I agree...starting just a few hours earlier would make it a lot more feasible for some of us.

I know because we live on the other side of the planet we probably don't carry much weight as buyers, but I seem to recall that when the previous V-con ended and we had a pro & con discussion, earlier hours were suggested, especially since it's now a two-day event confused-smiley-013.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Earlier Sunday hours!

To accomodate boardies elsewhere, Sunday's hours are now 4 PM-10 PM EDT.

(well that, and also to watch the Sopranos). thumbsup2.gif

Earlier Sunday hours!

Thanks Dan...

Next time you see Darth, tell him to buy you a beer, he still owes me a favor and I'm collecting grin.gif

I don't enjoy Sopranos that much anymore since they got rid of Dr. Cusimano tongue.gif

Great! I'll see if I can scrounge up some books to sell! I've never used Photobucket so I may need some help if I get stuck setting up my images.

Yea, glad to hear that I'm not the only one! The April show sounds great -- I'll look fwd to posting a few items myself. I missed the 1st one entirely so I definately be more than prepared for this one! grin.gif Unfortunately, I'll likely buy way more than I'll sell! sumo.gif

I just hope there are some more $2-3 books in there form somebody. Please don't leave us cheapskates hanging! thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif ... virtually my entire non-CGC collection is comprised of $2-$3 "readers"!

Bronze-Age readers RULE! thumbsup2.gifcloud9.giftakeit.gif

OK - I shall do my best for this. About 100-150 DC BA Horror the vast majority in 9.2 or better. Some Marvel BA Horror in similar grades plus assorted miscellaneous stuff.

Now - I also have a few prime movie posters - original 40's Universal orror and also a couple of French lager-than-one-sheets Hammer horror originals. Is the horror movie paper allowable amongst my Dc/Marvel BA horror? (and also books on comics)?

Earlier Sunday hours!

Thanks Dan...

Next time you see Darth, tell him to buy you a beer, he still owes me a favor and I'm collecting grin.gif

I don't enjoy Sopranos that much anymore since they got rid of Dr. Cusimano tongue.gif

Hopefully this year will be better than last... not that it will be hard to do! I was really disappointed last year 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Looking forward to the con smile.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

I also have a few prime movie posters - original 40's Universal horror and also a couple of French lager-than-one-sheets Hammer horror originals. Is the horror movie paper allowable amongst my Dc/Marvel BA horror? (and also books on comics)?

Sounds sweet... tho expensive. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thought I'd bump this...

NOTE: There will be some experiments I'm going to try to make the buying/selling experience more efficient (within the board parameters)

These examples will be made available (and documented).

Since each seller only gets ONE post in the thread... the problem of people replying to HTML or UBB code within the thread and getting a bunch of code is removed.

In summary, this byproduct of the rules GREATLY expands what we can do with a virtual booth.

More details later... thumbsup2.gif

Great stuff Dan/Shin!

I have a couple of quick questions. The first is what time on the 13th that thread will be up? Its my wife's b-day and I will very likely be away the entire weekend, and as early as Friday evening. If the thread went live before 5PM on Friday, I could get my listing up before I leave.

The second is on my layout. Would it be ok if I used my flipbook format?

Flipbook example

This format works best for me as I can pretty much accept/refuse offers on-demand, and it isn't based on any fixed price, allowing as many people to participate.

I will have my blackberry with me on that weekend, and will be able to handle offers chronologically and reply right away, regardless of whether I'm in front of the computer or not.

Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice in terms of determining my participation in the discussion aspects of the VC on the confirmed date due to prior commitments, but I would like to at least take part in some capacity. Let me know.

Thanks again for putting the effort behind getting this together! thumbsup2.gif

Great stuff Dan/Shin!

I have a couple of quick questions. The first is what time on the 13th that thread will be up? Its my wife's b-day and I will very likely be away the entire weekend, and as early as Friday evening. If the thread went live before 5PM on Friday, I could get my listing up before I leave.

Flipbook example

This format works best for me as I can pretty much accept/refuse offers on-demand, and it isn't based on any fixed price, allowing as many people to participate.

I will have my blackberry with me on that weekend, and will be able to handle offers chronologically and reply right away, regardless of whether I'm in front of the computer or not.

Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice in terms of determining my participation in the discussion aspects of the VC on the confirmed date due to prior commitments, but I would like to at least take part in some capacity. Let me know.

Flip Book cloud9.gif Always loved it...still need to send you images some day...when all my supersnipe's are scanned cloud9.gif

Great stuff Dan/Shin!

Flipbook example

That's actually pretty cool... It doesn't allow the viewer to see all the books for sale though at one time (unless you have a TABLE of CONTENTS with thumbnails/links to specific pages). I'd imagine a TOC would be fairly easy.

I personally don't have a problem with it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Great stuff Dan/Shin!

Flipbook example

That's actually pretty cool... It doesn't allow the viewer to see all the books for sale though at one time (unless you have a TABLE of CONTENTS with thumbnails/links to specific pages). I'd imagine a TOC would be fairly easy.

I personally don't have a problem with it. confused-smiley-013.gif

TOC - Great idea Shin!

*runs to drawing board*