• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Deaths: Meaningless?

15 posts in this topic

I remember when I was a kid the BIG HYPE with ASM#400. All the ads proclaimed "A Parker WILL Die!" ....and of course, it was Aunt May. Now, I hear in ASM#538 Aunt May was shot? ...or she is at least STILL Alive? This leaves me to ask the following questions:

1.) How did this happen with Aunt May?

2.) Why recycle, rehash and regurgitate the same stories?

3.) Watch Captain A. come back in a really, REALLY stupid way....

Recycling characters like this cheapens the overall worth of a story, in my opinion. Writers are going to "great" lengths to be creative in the Ultimate Marvel Universe (oh boy, Venom is created by genetic experiment. *YAWN*). The Hulk is on different planet (actually, this is very cool). But to be honest, I'm seeing the future of comics to be a never-ending wave of rehashed stories and uninspiring changes to an original character's creation. frown.gif

Afterthought: I enjoyed the 2099 Universe, why did that die off?

-Issa

When I was a kid, the first ASM I bought was # 100 - I'm frickin' old..., sorry.gif

However, at least I've still got seven good arms...., yay.gif

would have been more interesting to see cap's experience in prison than his "death"

would have been more interesting to see spiderman back in black to protest the registration (altho cap DID do that one before, but still)

I think 10-20 years down the road, we will be looking back at the period of Marvel creativityand saying "What the 893censored-thumb.gif were they smoking?" frustrated.gifforeheadslap.gifinsane.gif

bwahahahaha

you're in a generous mood this morning.

I think 10-20 years down the road, we will be looking back at the period of Marvel creativityand saying "What the 893censored-thumb.gif were they smoking?" frustrated.gifforeheadslap.gifinsane.gif

bwahahahaha

27_laughing.gif I am visiting a customer who has kept me waiting for 2 hours now at his office, and I keep thinking of what I am charging him to read these threads while I sit here using his wireless connection cloud9.gifgrin.gif

I think 10-20 years down the road, we will be looking back at the period of Marvel creativity and saying "What the 893censored-thumb.gif were they smoking?" frustrated.gifforeheadslap.gifinsane.gif

If they were truly smoking something good, you'd expect that the product would be a little better...., emot-350.gif

bwahahahaha

27_laughing.gif I am visiting a customer who has kept me waiting for 2 hours now at his office, and I keep thinking of what I am charging him to read these threads while I sit here using his wireless connection cloud9.gifgrin.gif

That's the type of morning that makes any day a bit better!

I think 10-20 years down the road, we will be looking back at the period of Marvel creativity and saying "What the 893censored-thumb.gif were they smoking?" frustrated.gifforeheadslap.gifinsane.gif

I've been saying that for the last 10 years. 27_laughing.gif

This is nothing new. It's been going on in comics for oh, about as long as comics have been around.

Definite come back. He'll come back as an evil commie cyborg or some such excrement.

This is nothing new. It's been going on in comics for oh, about as long as comics have been around.

Definite come back. He'll come back as an evil commie cyborg or some such excrement.

Evil Commie Cyborg cloud9.gif

almost as much fun as Nazi Zombies

would have been more interesting to see cap's experience in prison than his "death"

would have been more interesting to see spiderman back in black to protest the registration (altho cap DID do that one before, but still)

Brubaker already did the prison story in Daredevil. It was excellent and recommended reading.

Comics do rehash old stories over and over. Marvel is doing it wrong. Ultimate FF started as a retelling of the classic FF stories. With the exception of All Star Batman and Robin (complete *spoon*) DC is doing a much better job at coming up with new and interesting stories to tell.