• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

here is the pics you requested.

1st is a Batman drawn by Tommy Lee Edwards

IMG_0593a.jpg

2nd a cell from the t.v. cartoon signed by Stan Lee(in photo signing item)

IMG_0594a.jpg

2 McFarlane splash pages from Amazing Spider-Man

bagley.jpg

bagley2.jpg

Moon Knight drawn by David Finch

davidfinchmknight.jpg

Wolverine drawn by Billy Tan

wolvoreine.jpg

Sketchbook of Ethan Van Sciver with Green Lantern sketch by mr. Van Sciver

ethanvansciverGL.jpg

original autograph of the great Vivian Leigh-of gone with the wind

vivianleigh2.jpg

I do have the drawings in mylar bags inside the frames but other than that they are just regular frames.They are not exposed to the light.I keep my room very dark,also to preserve the comics as well.Is there something I could do to preserve them better?

My wife has just authorized my acquisition of the downstairs spare bedroom to use as my personal office (and comic room!). I'm getting my stuff put together now, but I'll have everything in order before the close of the week and will post pics when I'm done.

Needless to say, I was tearing into this project last night like a monkey on a cupcake! :banana:

My wife has just authorized my acquisition of the downstairs spare bedroom to use as my personal office (and comic room!). I'm getting my stuff put together now, but I'll have everything in order before the close of the week and will post pics when I'm done.

Needless to say, I was tearing into this project last night like a monkey on a cupcake! :banana:

Man I'd be so excited to!!

I do have the drawings in mylar bags inside the frames but other than that they are just regular frames.They are not exposed to the light.I keep my room very dark,also to preserve the comics as well.Is there something I could do to preserve them better?

I haven't done the original comic art yet but have a nice collection of fine art prints and went so far as to teach myself how to frame prints since framing is so expensive. You can get conservation glass which blocks UV rays and acid-free (conservation) mats as well. If you are going to have even reflected sunlight in a room, the conservation glass is vital to maintaining the pigments in any fine art. Flourescent lights are also very harsh on pigments and can lead to fading over just a few years.

Most inexpensive mats degrade quickly and can lead to yellowing of artwork wherever they overlap. In really cheap stuff that comes with stock frames out of a store, this can be devastating to art. Kind of like going from white pages to cream pages in 10-15 years. Your mylar probably helps prevent this but I don't know its overall effectiveness.

Any place that does custom framing will have access to conservation glass and acid-free mats. It costs more but for fine art and OA, its an investment in keeping the materials in original condition.