• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

i like the set up as well.

i can also see what ComicsAndCode is talking about. For me, I'd be sure to have a rotation for certain books to switch out with the keys every so often to help minimize the light exposure.

Well there's no sunlight in the room, I have very dark tint on that window. I don't think the 80 watt bulb in the ceiling fan will do much damage. Plus I hate to have my favorite books packed up where I can't see them all the time.

Couldn't agree more- if I ever own these books, they will certainly be up for display. Almost seems like a waste of money to buy grails like these and not put 'em out for viewing enjoyment. Just make sure they're on your insurance policy :)

Here's the cabinet with the best of my model kits, including the slot cars, on the opposite side of the same room from my comic cabinets. I've just acquired another similar cabinet into which I plan to put more kits plus some other neat kid stuff including board games and bagatelles.

post-700-1196279785.jpg

post-700-1196280294.jpg

post-700-1196280313.jpg

post-700-1196280475.jpg

Edited by Hepcat

Here's the cabinet with the best of my model kits, including the slot cars, on the opposite side of the same room from my comic cabinets. I've just acquired another similar cabinet into which I plan to put more kits plus some other neat kid stuff including board games and bagatelles.

post-700-1196280313.jpg

Nice collection, Hepcat. :applause:

If I had more room around here, I'd like to start collecting model kits, too. hm

I still have some art that I need to get framed and a few more busts & statues to unpack but, for the most part, it's set-up.

th_Room1.jpg

th_Room2.jpg

th_Room3.jpg

That is nice. I might need to think about those IKEA shelves for my room hm

I do have a few questions...

What is the top pice of OA?

Who signed the Hulk 181?

Do you worry about earthquakes knocking the books off the wall? I don't know where you live.

post-700-1196280313.jpg

Nice collection, Hepcat. :applause:

If I had more room around here, I'd like to start collecting model kits, too. hm

BZ, you could always sell me some of your comics to make room :)

That is nice. I might need to think about those IKEA shelves for my room hm

I do have a few questions...

What is the top pice of OA?

Who signed the Hulk 181?

Do you worry about earthquakes knocking the books off the wall? I don't know where you live.

The OA is a 2 page splash from Wolverine #83 (here's a scan ), Herb Trimpe signed the 181 for me earlier this year and I'm in Dallas so no earthquakes to worry about.

post-700-1196279785.jpg

post-700-1196280294.jpg

post-700-1196280313.jpg

post-700-1196280475.jpg

Really impressive. Do you have the Godzilla Aurora kit?

Conan:

I don't have the Godzilla yet. Not only is it among the more expensive kits, but it's not as high a priority for me as the Aurora Wolfman's Wagon or the Revell "Big Daddy" Roth Scuz-Fink. I'll spring for it one of these days though. Nonetheless, my collections keep growing.

:luhv:

Edited by Hepcat

Thats cool stuff.

My older brother had the Godzilla assembled nicely.

I loved it.

At some point in time, I burned it in our back yard. I remember the day I did it because I'll never forget the beat down he gave me for doing so....

Ahhhhhh, childhood...

Thanks Hepcat. Those Auroras are very cool. One day I'll own that Godzilla again...

I updated the photos of my collection room, The Sanctum Sanctorum West. There's been some

additions in the last few months, and thought some new pictures would be nice to share with everyone for X-mas:

Howard,

As always, the room looks awesome! I am happy to see that you decided against selling your collection. Keep up the good work!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

John (thumbs u

BTW - I was thinking it would b fun to post your "Christmas/Holiday" additions in this thread. Maybe some pics of all those comic goodies under the tree? Keep the thread alive and kicking!

Alright...doesn't anyone just have a pigpen pile of & no idea how to turn it into a nice looking setup? I've had my room for about 7 or 8 years & am at a loss about to how to turn it into a sharp looking showcase. :makepoint:

Here's one for the slobs that have no clue...I can't be the only one.

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg