• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I have the mother-in-law custom made spidey curtains in those pictures I forgot to mention. I still can't believe she made those for me.

Ciorac cool room for sure and I do the same thing. If I got all my stuff out at once I wouldn't be able to walk in to the room.

Forgive my ignorance but are those all pulps on that first shelf? If so wow that is really cool. I have a buddy and we talk about trying to get in to them but the extra cash always goes to comics.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I have the mother-in-law custom made spidey curtains in those pictures I forgot to mention. I still can't believe she made those for me.

Ciorac cool room for sure and I do the same thing. If I got all my stuff out at once I wouldn't be able to walk in to the room.

Forgive my ignorance but are those all pulps on that first shelf? If so wow that is really cool. I have a buddy and we talk about trying to get in to them but the extra cash always goes to comics.

Yep, those are pulps. I collect sci-fi issues.

Edited by ciorac

Nice rooms ciorac and Arrgh.

I actually noticed the Spidey curtains right away, your mother in-law must actually like you. I also love the old comic rack, brings back memories.

Ciorac, nice set of pulps and big little books. The big little books never get the respect they deserve. I also like the many shelves of books devoted to comics, sign of a long time fan.

Nice rooms ciorac and Arrgh.

I actually noticed the Spidey curtains right away, your mother in-law must actually like you. I also love the old comic rack, brings back memories.

Ciorac, nice set of pulps and big little books. The big little books never get the respect they deserve. I also like the many shelves of books devoted to comics, sign of a long time fan.

Thanks Torch.

I used to have some cool superfriends curtains. They were destroyed in Katrina. :cry:

I'm always tweaking mine. Putting new stuff out, taking down stuff I've been looking at too long.

Anyway, over the past couple of weeks I've made many changes. So, here is the latest iteration:

cr1.jpg

cr2.jpg

cr3.jpg

cr4.jpg

cr5.jpg

cr6.jpg

cr7.jpg

cr8.jpg

P9020008.jpg

cr10.jpg

cr11.jpg

I love that Solomon Grundy print with GL, and Hawkman. Where di it come from ?

Ciorac,

Do you remember where you got those metallic Superman and Batman covers hanging on your wall? I saw the same ones in a restaurant in Marshall, Illinois a few years back but never found out where to get them. And do you know if they make Marvel ones too?

Shark

Fantastic room.

P9020008.jpg

I have to ask--did you frame your Sprang litho yourself or have it done professionally? I have the artist proof of this and want to hang it, but am dreading the cost of framing. Any tips would be great.

Thanks!

I had it professionally framed. My old comic store was right across the street from a frame shop, so he used to cut me decent deals.

I'm always tweaking mine. Putting new stuff out, taking down stuff I've been looking at too long.

Anyway, over the past couple of weeks I've made many changes. So, here is the latest iteration:

I love that Solomon Grundy print with GL, and Hawkman. Where di it come from ?

It isn't a print. Shelly Moldoff did the piece back in the early 90's for me.

cr1.jpg

cr2.jpg

cr3.jpg

cr4.jpg

cr5.jpg

cr6.jpg

cr7.jpg

cr8.jpg

P9020008.jpg

cr10.jpg

cr11.jpg

Really nice. I love your memorabilia(especially the Batmobile ad).

Ciorac,

Do you remember where you got those metallic Superman and Batman covers hanging on your wall? I saw the same ones in a restaurant in Marshall, Illinois a few years back but never found out where to get them. And do you know if they make Marvel ones too?

Shark

Hey Shark,

The were offered through Capital City back in the mid 90's. There were several in the series, but I only remember DC covers.

Nice room Argh! The spiner rack is cool I have a couple myself. Incidentally anyone who lives in the Barrington IL area who needs/wants the same style rack Feebay has one, pick up only 48.00 starting bid 2 days left. Wish I knew how to post a link. Just type in comic rack in Feebays search.

They are awesome to own and display comics in. This one looks in great shape!

Thanks bronzilla,

I actually went on a hunt for a rack and it took me a while to find one that wasn't to beat up. I went to all the local flea markets and most I found were missing parts. I finally just happened to talk to a lady in the shop and she had this one in her basement. It brings back lots of good memories from when I was a kid even if it is rough on comics!

Edited by Arrgh!!