• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

I got the 24 x 36 inch size

http://fedex.com/us/office/marketing/signsbanners/posters/packages.html?lid=Learnmore_posters_packages

I did a high res scan (about 100MB) through the slab. Took it into Kinkos on a USB drive. They do a proof first to show a you what a small section will look like. Then if you like it they make the poster. I had them trim any white edges off, they did a good job of that.

Then its a gloss solid board that looks amazing.

I think its a tad boring to get the classic covers (do we really need a spidey 1 print? no) , so I did ones I really like that look different from the standard posters.

post them here if you get some made, good luck

Joe

Like the posters...

Made one myself a few years ago...

I put the actual comic next to it for size-reference.

PICT0817.jpg

Since then I made another poster, this time of the cover of Silver Surfer #1 (using photo paper, so the quality is better) but I still need to get it up on the wall.

Super sweet Rick! Whered you get the 2 left cases from? Pretty nice setup man (thumbs u
ordered them from a curio cab maker... actually need a third, but have to save up first to buy doh!

Super sweet Rick! Whered you get the 2 left cases from? Pretty nice setup man (thumbs u
ordered them from a curio cab maker... actually need a third, but have to save up first to buy doh!

Really? Looking at your collection/purchases I thought you had money growing on the trees in your back yard... (shrug)

Really? Looking at your collection/purchases I thought you had money growing on the trees in your back yard... (shrug)

doh! money tree, why didn't I think of that lol

(worship)

The Dentist cornered the market on money trees. Rick's stuck with his money bushes and a nice little money hedge in the back yard. :insane:

The Dentist cornered the market on money trees. Rick's stuck with his money bushes and a nice little money hedge in the back yard. :insane:

Living off a potted plant here... (thumbs u

Nice rooms!

How do you guys get your slabbed books to sit on shelves and furniture without sliding off? Are there supports that are sold somewhere? Thanks for the advice.

In my case, the edge of my shelves have a strip made in lucite so that the books can't slide off and are supported while still allowing full vision of the comics. At first, I had considered a groove but the lucite works much better I've found (thumbs u

I got my first and currently, only piece of OA framed this weekend and have placed it above my "Cap shrine"

:applause: Looks great (thumbs u

Lucked into a spinner rack this weekend and already filled it up and put it in the comics room. Here's a shot I posted in Gold. Spinner's obviously on the right. Sorry the room is a little bit in disarray at the moment -

87044.jpg

I got my first and currently, only piece of OA framed this weekend and have placed it above my "Cap shrine"

:applause: Looks great (thumbs u

Lucked into a spinner rack this weekend and already filled it up and put it in the comics room. Here's a shot I posted in Gold. Spinner's obviously on the right. Sorry the room is a little bit in disarray at the moment -

87044.jpg

Now that is sweet!!