• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

So I moved to another room in the house and Im very happy with it so far. Its not complete as I still have plenty of room for art on the wall as you can see in the last pic. The new reading chair is a gift from the wife.

th_IMG_3506.jpgth_IMG_3507.jpgth_IMG_3508.jpgth_IMG_3509.jpgth_IMG_3510.jpgth_IMG_3513.jpgth_IMG_3516.jpg

th_IMG_3511.jpg

very cool room dude..im envious

Do Archie Digests have any value?? You have a TON! lol Very cool!!

I noticed the other day in line at Walmart that they still make those huh??

Just like every comic, it depends ON the comic :)

I have a few worth a lil sum sum :D

Yup they do still make these.

Shootydog, that looks like the perfect place to just zone out and clear your mind! I love it!

wish you had one of those huh?? :baiting:

I do have one..don't I? lol

Minus the Guitar of course. I can't play anything lol

You don't have to be able to play to own a guitar!

I've had mine in my comic room for about a year. Tried to learn to play several times but failed miserably.

Now it just sits on a stand making the room look even cooler. One day I might succeed and progress past basic Green Day or Wonderwall by Oasis....One day - Sigh....

The New and Improved Reclaimed Comic Kingdom

A while back I was starting to create a comic room, but my wife turned it into her office.. Sadly to say, we have since seperated (no condolences required - pretty mutual). The positive side is that I have regained the room and now have my own official comic kingdom!!!

Thanks for looking and feel free to come over and bring beer!

This first pic is coming through the door. My father and I built the display case during the Christmas Holiday out of scrap wood. The two Disney prints above the door were hung in my daughter's nursery and are there to remember. Also, the good thing about it being a man joint is you don't have to iron curtains before you hang them

:acclaim:

th_DSC02501.jpg

This next series is of the file cabinet corner. Total cost of the file cabinets was $65 - see craigslist is good for something. Oh and a mixed in photo of my Grandfather playing ball for the Campbells' Soup ball club in the 50's.

th_DSC02515.jpg th_DSC02529.jpg th_DSC02519.jpg th_DSC02530.jpg

The next is a wall of prints with room to grow and a couple Muggs

th_DSC02562.jpg th_DSC02521.jpg

More of the case. The golf club is in honor of my stepfather who has passed. It was a Christmas present to him from me several years back.

th_DSC02522.jpg th_DSC02526.jpg th_DSC02563.jpg

The Desk (covered with some Stuff) The Toy Box (which was my daughter's first as a baby) and the Closet

th_DSC02561.jpg th_DSC02531.jpg th_DSC02565.jpg

And now since I am available, I think it is safe to show the ladies a peek inside my drawers, including a glimpse of my Giant-Size Man-Thing. Gentlemen, you may want to turn away.

Cabinet #1

th_DSC02541.jpg th_DSC02543.jpg th_DSC02545.jpg th_DSC02544.jpg

Cabinet #2 with a bonus mini hoard shot and my Man-Thing

th_DSC02557.jpg th_DSC02550.jpg th_DSC02547.jpg th_DSC02554.jpg th_DSC02546.jpg

Cabinet #3 and #4 just odds and ends

th_DSC02558.jpg th_DSC02559.jpg th_DSC02560.jpg hmm must have deleted one in the transfer

Finally a mini display in the bedroom - it didn't fit in the comic room and I know that it can't stay there if I ever expect to get any you know what now that I am on the make :devil:

th_DSC02499.jpg

Lastly, while not comic related - here is a piece of memorabilia from the early 60's. They were the first decorations that my mother and father bought when married because it looked just like them. They divorced when I was 5 and while I have had them for some time, they were put away. I have since rehung them in my closet since my divorce is pending because oddly enough they look like my wife and I a tiny bit in younger days. I hang them to remind me daily of the need to focus on my daughter as she undergoes the same change as I had. When purchased, they were a whopping $40 for the set as the price is still on the back.

th_DSC02493.jpg

My Comic Room is Haunted :ohnoez:

I was checking out my pics from this morning and check out what appears in my ASM #36

DSC02563.jpg

Oh hell :devil:

who ya gonna call...?

yeah yeah i know...that was corny..lol

doh!

that IS a little creepy!