• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

This is from my old house. We are almost done building our new home.....I'll post my Den when its done.

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

Now that's a GREAT room! You are brave to leave your high dollar books in the light! Maybe you have UV filtering glass windows?

Thank-you guys for all the love!

Storm Shadow you were correct. Those are my MJ Rookie cards (one is that Fleer Rookie sticker card) Walter "Sweetness Payton" and Sir Charles. All of my Hockey cards are in a closet. I am NOT HAPPY with Byfuglien GONE!!!! :frustrated:

Ok since there appears to be some "Phanatics" here you go! (I have been to too many Phish shows)

If you don't like Phish or the Dead I apologize ahead of time.

All of the Pollock and Cambell posters I attended and the two abstract ones are Trey's work from that Art Festival.

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

(Mr. "Bobby" Weir on the right)

IMG_0757.jpg

For any DEADHEADS out there.....as for the Skull and Cross Bone book below the Divided Sky pic...that is probably my FAVORITE DEAD MEMORABILIA item I own. That one is an Artist Proof one in mint condition, #11/50. I also own four of the Limited Edition ones. Three are in the shrink wrap still and one reader copy. I have copy and pasted the description of the books directly from Kitchen Sink's Website (even if you aren't a Grateful Dead fan, there are some great stories and artists' work in the Comic!!!:

Deluxe slipcased Grateful Dead Book SIGNED by Garcia.

A serious deadhead's dream! Jerry Garcia signed this deluxe limited edition collection of Grateful Dead Comix, published in 1992 by Kitchen Sink Press (longtime underground comix publishers of R. Crumb and countless other alternative cartoonists). Only 500 were published. This hardcover book features a beautiful silver embossed deadhead skull (with a pen and brush forming the crossbones) in the center of the cover. This "bas relief" art was created by Peter (Superman, Batman) Poplaski for this limited edition and it appears no where else. The gorgeous book is housed in a heavy duty slipcase which includes a 2-dimensional silver foil version of the same skull art.

The contents (all in full color) include comix based on Grateful Dead songs, behind-the-scenes accounts about the band, such as "The Lille Story" and artist's personal accounts. The comix are drawn by top artists like Tim Truman, Rand (Harold Hedd) Holmes, Terry (Cud) LaBan, Nina Paley, Wayno (Beer Nuts), Dan (Dope Comix) Steffan, Dean (Death Rattle) Armstrong, Reed Waller & Kate Worley (Omaha), Dan (Kings in Disguise) Burr, Mary (Twisted Sisters) Fleener and several others. Among the classic songs adapted are "Truckin'," "Casey Jones," Tennessee Jed," "Sugaree," "One More Saturday Night," "Jack Straw," "Mexicali Blues" and many others. Jerry Garcia also wrote the introduction, talking about how much he loved comic books (the first expensive investment he made when the band first became successful was a complete set of 1950's E.C. comics.) You may have or have seen a trade paperback edition of this which Kitchen Sink licensed to Hyperion Books, but it cannot compare to this deluxe edition.

While the limited edition itself is very scarce (500), this book is much scarcer yet: It is one of a handful of "Artist Proofs" signed by Jerry Garcia (see A/P notation on tip-in place here). Only 50 A.P.'s were produced, with half going to Garcia and half to publisher, Denis Kitchen.

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

Oh my goodness..oh my goodness..oh my goodnessssss......Those are soooo cooolll...I am like a little girl...looking at ths..oh my goodness!!!!!! :headbang:

I wish my Wife was like that! She used to be a big Phish fan but as she says she grew up and now just attends two MAYBE three shows a year with me. She thinks since we are 32 and have 20 month old son....that Phish, The Dead and Funny Books should be outta my system............FAT CHANCE!

I wish my Wife was like that! She used to be a big Phish fan but as she says she grew up and now just attends two MAYBE three shows a year with me. She thinks since we are 32 and have 20 month old son....that Phish, The Dead and Funny Books should be outta my system............FAT CHANCE!

I always wondered if you were related to the great and knowledgeable Icculus . . .

My license plate makes me hope so! (yeah I'm that big of a Phish geek)

I will be getting regular plates in the near future....even I am get sick of driving my son around and having stoned or tripping Hippies roll up and saying, "Dude man, your plate is so sweet!" My wife yet again, shakes her head. I have to say she's is good sport!!!

I was away for a few days and never followed up. Thanks for the comments everybody!

The art on the wall is a Trimpe Hulk sketch, and unfortunately not a page from FF #97, only a lowly page from Captain Victory #8.

Just realized I didn't include a shot of both Night Gallery posters. I'll stick one at the end of this post. These are indeed the same ones you'd see advertised in the back of horror mags. I have a third that shows all the posters that were available but it's not hanging.

One TV in the house is plenty. When I was single, I practically didn't even have that. I kept a tiny 10" portable under my bed for late night news and the occasional Simpsons or Twilight Zone rerun. Guests would often comment "You don't have a TV!" lol

The worst thing about the paneling is that green is tough to work with; it must have been on sale when the room was built. Brown at least would have been nice and neutral. The slate green wall behind the books is mine; a previous owner chose a vomitous pink that they'd sponged on. :sick:

Flee is right on the money about the Silvertone, except that the finish is a flat red, and the pickup a cheese-grater instead of lipstick. The shoebox on top contains more vintage gear: Sony Walkman WM-D6C Pro. Ahh, Ye Olde Analog Days. :cloud9:lol

RumpusNG.jpg

I see basketball cards, one football and one undetermined ? Hockey ?

I can't wait till next years NHL playoffs Icculus now that we have Hamhuis and Byfuglien is gone :banana:

Cool room :applause:

one is an '8ish fleer jordan basketball card. another '86ish fleer basketball card is on the opposite side.

Nice stuff! What is in the plastic?

Thanks....those are Marvel Masterworks. The first original 27, and then the limited run through #117 (I'm a little behind). I keep those in their shrink wrap and read the black/silver editions.

Room03.jpg