• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Great looking room.

I have a touch of jealousy. The spare bedroom I had planned on turning into my "Man Cave" has now been "Repurposed" by the wife as a nursery for the upcoming rugrat.

Just bought my first house. Didn't care if there was a bathroom or kitchen I made a bee line down to the basement. It shall be my comic/football/drunken mess cave! That is until my daughter starts with one toy, then after midnight they start to multiply in some kind of plastic orgy, where upon the next sunset, I have lost control of everything. :cry:

Great looking room.

I have a touch of jealousy. The spare bedroom I had planned on turning into my "Man Cave" has now been "Repurposed" by the wife as a nursery for the upcoming rugrat.

Just bought my first house. Didn't care if there was a bathroom or kitchen I made a bee line down to the basement. It shall be my comic/football/drunken mess cave! That is until my daughter starts with one toy, then after midnight they start to multiply in some kind of plastic orgy, where upon the next sunset, I have lost control of everything. :cry:

I've heard rumors that there are (apparently) positive aspects to having kids...

Back on topic though. I'm seeing all your great rooms. It helps me plan what I'll be able to do in about 20 years time.

yippie...here is my room. I am leaving this as the last room to unpack after the big move this weekend....yeaaaahhhhhhhh

DSC00090.JPG

A blank canvas... oh the possibilities

Glad I'm not the only one who's area looked like that ha ha!

I've gone through this thread the last few days and you unkind persons had me out pricing shelving units. I'm doomed...doomed I say!

So, for conversion purposes--can anyone tell me how many short boxes I'll need per long box and the weight of a short box? I need to figure out how pricey converting is going to be and the weight load the shelving I'll need will need to take.

I've gone through this thread the last few days and you unkind persons had me out pricing shelving units. I'm doomed...doomed I say!

So, for conversion purposes--can anyone tell me how many short boxes I'll need per long box and the weight of a short box? I need to figure out how pricey converting is going to be and the weight load the shelving I'll need will need to take.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_101933-1281-CR4824_0__?productId=1000527&Ntt=edsel&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dedsel

This is the kind I use. It has a 5000 lb capacity and can be used in either configuration you see in this pic. The 5 high on the left or the two shorter on the right. The are usually around $80 so you can hold at least 50 boxes for under $200.

Picture297.jpg

Edited by TAFKADixie

Thanks for looking!

Your bedroom has stacks of comic boxes and a Frazetta picture over the bed. You rock.

lol Thanks!

I wish the bedroom didn't have the stacks of comics! But the Frazetta over the bed is A O K!

I am hoping to change rooms over next month. Out bedd and dresser/TV in the smaller of the two rooms and then use the master for the main comic room... I have it all drawn to scale and think it'll work out very nicely!

'

Again thanks :)

John (thumbs u

If you check the first post on the first page, you'll see shelving units that I use. I have another room posted one here, it's just easier to point to the first page.

Those shelving units can be picked up at Costco for under $100 and come with 6 shelves which will house 30 shorts PERFECTLY!

I use them and think that they are a great investment as they can easily be taken down and adjusted to meet any of your height needs.

Good luck with the room! Be sure to post pics when you get something together :)

John (thumbs u

This isn't exclusively a comic room but it's also the studio I work in every day (nicknamed "The Cave"). It's a small space I've designed to make work for me. You'll see I'm a Star Wars collector as well as a comics nut but you'll find a bunch of other weird things in here too....

room6.jpg

Hey, I've got one of those rockets from Coolrockets.com !! Mine has the same smoke trail as that silver one but a different rocket. Very cool Corgi. And I've never seen a statue of that Samarai Jack episode with the bridge and the Scotsman. Thats the funniest episode ever !! Bravo !!

And I have that exact same green, red & yellow tin rocket sitting right in front of me on the shelf above my computer monitor! (thumbs u

Robots.jpg

This isn't exclusively a comic room but it's also the studio I work in every day (nicknamed "The Cave"). It's a small space I've designed to make work for me. You'll see I'm a Star Wars collector as well as a comics nut but you'll find a bunch of other weird things in here too....

room6.jpg

Hey, I've got one of those rockets from Coolrockets.com !! Mine has the same smoke trail as that silver one but a different rocket. Very cool Corgi. And I've never seen a statue of that Samarai Jack episode with the bridge and the Scotsman. Thats the funniest episode ever !! Bravo !!

And I have that exact same green, red & yellow tin rocket sitting right in front of me on the shelf above my computer monitor! (thumbs u

Robots.jpg

Rockets and space stuff will always be cool. Heres mine. Its an open cockpit/windshield style so I guess he doesn't go into outer space ever lol

IMG_6661.jpg

I was kinda inspired by seeing what everyone had done with there "man caves" so I finally got my office straightened out. I have 15 or so pics I would like to post but hope to not tick anyone off because they are large pics from my camera. :foryou:

If its a problem, please let me know and I will remove them. I have cropped and reduced to the best I could. I will post 1 at a time since they are so large :( .

So hope you enjoy these :)

Steve

The first one is a print put out by Marvel Limited #162/250 signed by John Buscema. The one next to it, is an acrylic painting done by Joe Jusko (won from a clink auction, the picture looks 3D when you see it in person)

cr1.jpg