• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

this thread has certainly given me a goal of cleaning up my collection and making things more organized...eventually.

This thread has actually inspired me to try and sell my house and buy a new one with enough space for a proper man cave rather than the spare bedroom I currently use.

I'll take a spare bedroom at this point!! I have a 10x12 den that has a bookshelf, bowflex, computer table and a filing cabinet!! One wall of my bedroom is lined with boxes! lol Glad I sold a lot of my fluff!! That was about 6 long boxes full!! I didn't get much for them but I did get room in my home and a nice copy of FF 48! (:

Since I do the majority of my comic reading in my bedroom, I've been slowing turning it into my comic room. As such here we go.

View from my side of the bed:

IMG_20130217_222131.jpg

View from the guest side of the bed:

IMG_20130217_222221.jpg

View from the foot of the bed:

IMG_20130217_222156.jpg

View from the head of the bed:

IMG_20130217_222309.jpg

View above the dresser in my walk-in closet:

IMG_20130217_222406.jpg

More of the Comic Apartment soon :D

Since I do the majority of my comic reading in my bedroom, I've been slowing turning it into my comic room. As such here we go.

View from my side of the bed:

IMG_20130217_222131.jpg

View from the guest side of the bed:

IMG_20130217_222221.jpg

View from the foot of the bed:

IMG_20130217_222156.jpg

View from the head of the bed:

IMG_20130217_222309.jpg

View above the dresser in my walk-in closet:

IMG_20130217_222406.jpg

More of the Comic Apartment soon :D

more of a wank room than a comic room eh?

We bought a house last summer and it has an in-law apartment. Being we aren't using it as such, I decided to make the bedroom a comic room. I am still in the process of putting it together, but I was so excited when I found this at a local thrift store. It was from "Daddy's Junk Music" store and was used for music books and sheet music. I put the white contact paper on the front to cover up the logo and stuck the stickers on there from my local LCS.

photo-4_zpsaa621bd2.jpg

We bought a house last summer and it has an in-law apartment. Being we aren't using it as such, I decided to make the bedroom a comic room. I am still in the process of putting it together, but I was so excited when I found this at a local thrift store. It was from "Daddy's Junk Music" store and was used for music books and sheet music. I put the white contact paper on the front to cover up the logo and stuck the stickers on there from my local LCS.

photo-4_zpsaa621bd2.jpg

That is freaking AWESOME!!!!

I have something similar but nowhere near as cool. When Borders was going out of business they were selling all their stuff and these were their map displays. They had like 5 of them but all but 1 was sold when i got there. I love the thing but it doesnt display my slabs nearly as nice as what you've got there! (thumbs u

cr5.jpg

Yeah, I remember when you first posted the Borders bookcase. It's what inspired me to try and find one. I missed out on a vintage comic spinner rack that someone had on Craigslist for $150.

The thrift store actually had two of these, but i don't have the room for two...not to mention, it would cost me a year's budget for a small country to fill it with slabs....at least, based on my collecting focus :devil:

Yeah, I remember when you first posted the Borders bookcase. It's what inspired me to try and find one. I missed out on a vintage comic spinner rack that someone had on Craigslist for $150.

The thrift store actually had two of these, but i don't have the room for two...not to mention, it would cost me a year's budget for a small country to fill it with slabs....at least, based on my collecting focus :devil:

Does yours have storage space underneath like mine?

I REALLY like yours because it stores the upper slabs individually. You cant really tell from my pic but all the slabs in mine are stacked 3-4 deep so you dont get to see most of them :(