• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

No.

different light sources accelerate fading at different rates. It depends on the amount of ultraviolet (UV) light each particular light source produces. The worst culprit is natural daylight, followed at a distant second by incandescent and finally fluorescent. ESL (electron stimulated luminescence) bulbs are still close cousins to fluorescents in the way that they create light. These bulbs produce close to the same amount of UV as other fluorescent bulbs. Their main advantage over other fluorescents is that they contain no mercury. Fluorescent bulbs produce a small amount of UV, and until LEDs came on the market, they were the best bet. Only LEDs, which produce no ultraviolet light, completely protect fabrics and art from fading.

Very informative...great stuff to know Bill1 thanks dude :)

Man Reggie is getting alot of Love on these boards! I am surprised.

He toured with the get up kids 2 or three years ago. They did like a two hour set.

I've seen Reggie three times now. The last time I saw him was his "Farewell" tour where he opened as Fluctuation, Came out as Reggie, and closed as Common Denominator. He was up there for like two and a half hours with some costume changes.

A little late to the party on this one, but Reggie rules! Saw him 4 or 5 times now. I forgot how many years ago when he opened the show lip synching the R-Kelly song and later came out covered in "blood" for the flucuation piece. Good times.........

James just funded his next album and tour on kickstarter over the past month. The guy raised over 50k and friended us all on Facebook. Punk Rock panhandling at it's finest, but its well worth it hear another Reggie record and tour.

That's pretty cool. Family didn't seem actually into it though. Anyone else feel that way?

[font:Book Antiqua]You are right

Wife its like:

As long as you pay the mortage do what you want...[/font]

After finally moving to our new permanent home in January, I finally found some time to display some of my comic related stuff in my new office. Enjoy the pics. :)

Spider-Man related toys and figures, Spidey Villains

Spider-ManFigures_zps5cc02833.jpg

Misc. Marvel and DC Super-Heroes and Villains

MiscCharacters_zps22e724d9.jpg

Spider-Man 2 Poster and FF artwork

SpideyPosterampFantasticFourart_zps2e036f40.jpg

Javier Avila Spider-Man and Daredevil artwork

JavierAvilaart_zpscd7a7872.jpg

Marvel 25th Anniversary poster, GI Joe printing plate, Archie original art

WallDisplay_zps44a6439e.jpg

Marvel and Zenescope posters

ComicPosters_zps7ee34bbc.jpg

The Ladies Wall

LadiesWall_zpsb1195407.jpg

After finally moving to our new permanent home in January, I finally found some time to display some of my comic related stuff in my new office. Enjoy the pics. :)

Cool printing plate! Where did you pick that up from???

Cool printing plate! Where did you pick that up from???

I actually picked it up from someone here on the boards sometime in the last 2 years. And I think the Archie piece came from skypinkblu (Sharon).

Spider-Man related toys and figures, Spidey Villains

Spider-ManFigures_zps5cc02833.jpg

Misc. Marvel and DC Super-Heroes and Villains

MiscCharacters_zps22e724d9.jpg

Spider-Man 2 Poster and FF artwork

SpideyPosterampFantasticFourart_zps2e036f40.jpg

Javier Avila Spider-Man and Daredevil artwork

JavierAvilaart_zpscd7a7872.jpg

Marvel and Zenescope posters

ComicPosters_zps7ee34bbc.jpg

The Ladies Wall

Liking your room very much :applause:

Are your book stored in those filing cabinets?

The Ladies Wall

Yes. My "main collection" of higher grade Marvels is in 3 separate 4-drawer lateral file cabinets in my office with books to submit to CGC in another 2-drawer lateral file cabinet. All of my other raw books are in 10-11 standard 4-drawer file cabinets in another room with another 40 or so long boxes stacked on top of those. In addition to that, all of my CGC graded books (about 600), 13 boxes of magazines and about 18 boxes of ungraded books are at my storage unit.

The Ladies Wall

Yes. My "main collection" of higher grade Marvels is in 3 separate 4-drawer lateral file cabinets in my office with books to submit to CGC in another 2-drawer lateral file cabinet. All of my other raw books are in 10-11 standard 4-drawer file cabinets in another room with another 40 or so long boxes stacked on top of those. In addition to that, all of my CGC graded books (about 600), 13 boxes of magazines and about 18 boxes of ungraded books are at my storage unit.

Additional pictures :shy:

The Ladies Wall

Additional pictures :shy:

Ask and you shall receive. (thumbs u

The first pic below is of one of my two 36" wide 4-drawer lateral file cabinets. As you can see, I can get 4 rows of comics in each drawer. I also have a 42" wide lateral file cabinet that holds 5 rows of comics.

LateralFileCabinet36inwide_zps5b21ce6f.jpg

Most of the rest of my collection resides in legal width or standard width 4-drawer file cabinets. I can get 2 rows of comics in the legal width cabinets.

ComicFileCabinets3and4_zpsdb6a8707.jpg

LegalSizeFileCabinet_zpsb49b537c.jpg

ComicFileCabinets5thru12_zpsf624560b.jpg

StandardFileCabinet_zpsc9ae5834.jpg

The long boxes of comics sitting on top of all of these file cabinets is about a 10,000 book collection I picked up in Ada, Oklahoma about 1-1/2 years ago. They're still ungraded and still need to be bagged and boarded (mostly '80s and '90s stuff).

AdaComicCollection2_zps4d358844.jpg

All of my CGC stuff is at a climate controlled storage unit along with boxes of magazines and about 18 boxes of ungraded comics (mostly Marvel).

StorageUnit1_zps79e5660f.jpg

StorageUnit7_zps17be7089.jpg

I have enough to keep me busy for a long, long time. :ohnoez: