• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Is the Glass UV?

and---

got a linky?

:cool:

This is a great thread as i'm currently looking at de-junking my cave & putting my cgc books on the wall. There's a north facing window in the room so i'm insisting on UV.

I'm looking at hacking together something using this UV Acrylic 12" x 24"

http://www.mcmaster.com/?orderview=new#catalog/119/3561/=opfxgw

http://www.mcmaster.com/?orderview=new#catalog/119/3561/=opfx2p

My first thought is to attach them to my wall with some spacers to allow the cgc cases to slide between the acrylic & the wall. I don't mind a less then finished look so was going to wander the Lowes isles looking for inspiration ... maybe square stock pine for the top & bottom attached directly to the wall. maybe some 2 foot brackets. Anyone got any plans/ideas?

i've been looking through this thread I'm up to page 250....it'll prob take a few more days to finish. There's some great ideas out there!

i have to say it's a terrible thing that most of the earlier photos have been taken down But i'm getting a lot of great ideas-

My room won't be as dedicated to comics as some since it's also doubles as a computer room. I won't fit all my long boxes into the room but i should be able to fit all my first edition sci-fi books, cgc slabs, lego mini figs, & art work.

i'd love to have a work station too- I've got to move all my comics out of poly to mylar & need to send a bunch away for slabbing or at least get them into a stable situation. ideas? I'm thinking a very narrow desk might fit into the room. I've got abt 4 thousand books- unorganized in a dry basement-

yeah maybe do the work station in the basement & keep the computer/comic room for my premium items.

hm

:hi: Alyssa

This is my favourite thread on the boards!!

Sounds like an awesome room... AlyssaLand!!

IDK... I have my room set up really cleanly - but along one wall are all the books I have to do some kind of work with - either scanning and listing for eBay or shipping etc.. or for addition into my database. I like doing that in that room surrounded by my favourite items.

So maybe the 4K books in the basement could come upstairs in small chunks for conversion to Mylar on a narrow work desk or similar?

Ok so I am helping out at my first con this weekend and was tasked tonight to get a dealer wall together as our one fell through the works...run to my hardware store and put this sucker together in about an hr. Will likely put it in my room when all is said and done but class it up a bit.

20130930_203757_zpsfd5dc2b8.jpg

Ok so I am helping out at my first con this weekend and was tasked tonight to get a dealer wall together as our one fell through the works...run to my hardware store and put this sucker together in about an hr. Will likely put it in my room when all is said and done but class it up a bit.

That looks great, especially for a rush job. I see zip ties and shelves, what did you use for the upright supports? I'm thinking of setting up at a future show, and trying to figure out an easy cost effective way to setup a rack.

That looks great, especially for a rush job. I see zip ties and shelves, what did you use for the upright supports? I'm thinking of setting up at a future show, and trying to figure out an easy cost effective way to setup a rack.

They are 6ft closet shelves, zip ties, 2 T pvc pipes and then 2x 12ft pvc pipes.

Cut the pipes in half for the side, then 1 of the remaining 6ft into 18" legs and have 3ft pipe left over. I then drilled a few holes to put the shelf ends into and zip tied for support and to ensure the thing doesn't pop out.

Cost me just under $100 to build, which I am sure can be shaved down if I wasn't in a rush lol

Yeah its UV glass but its museum quality so there is barely any glare. Sorry no link, she is a local business in Miami. The name of the place is frame on wheels if anyone is interested.

Great looking room brother. :applause:

i've been looking through this thread I'm up to page 250....it'll prob take a few more days to finish. There's some great ideas out there!

i have to say it's a terrible thing that most of the earlier photos have been taken down But i'm getting a lot of great ideas-

My room won't be as dedicated to comics as some since it's also doubles as a computer room. I won't fit all my long boxes into the room but i should be able to fit all my first edition sci-fi books, cgc slabs, lego mini figs, & art work.

i'd love to have a work station too- I've got to move all my comics out of poly to mylar & need to send a bunch away for slabbing or at least get them into a stable situation. ideas? I'm thinking a very narrow desk might fit into the room. I've got abt 4 thousand books- unorganized in a dry basement-

yeah maybe do the work station in the basement & keep the computer/comic room for my premium items.

hm

Be sure to take pictures ;)

Yeah its UV glass but its museum quality so there is barely any glare. Sorry no link, she is a local business in Miami. The name of the place is frame on wheels if anyone is interested.

Great looking room brother. :applause:

Thanks Dave! Glad to have you back!

Hammer con?

Hammer con?

Yup. It would be silly to assume you won't be there?

Hammer con?

I'm still undecided. But if you have modern wildly_fanciful_statement books I'm there.

Hammer con?

I'm still undecided. But if you have modern wildly_fanciful_statement books I'm there.

I am hoping to have time to get some moderns added to our booth but we will definitely have WAY too many books. Few Golden Age (nothing too exciting) early ASM/DD/Hulk/Thor/Avengers and then a TON of bronze/copper.