• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Displaying cover scans on your wall is like taking your real doll out with you to Red Lobster; it's just not as satisfying.

Yep, I completely agree!

Displaying cover scans on your wall is like taking your real doll out with you to Red Lobster; it's just not as satisfying.

Yeah... that's how it would feel to me too.

I've got my slabs up on display... No one else is going to enjoy them as much as I do - so I figure I'll fully enjoy them! :)

Hi all-

I have been considering purchasing a legal sized filing cabinet but am wondering how you guys that have them already are dividing the middle of the drawers to create two rows?

Thanks for any advice!

I've got my slabs up on display... No one else is going to enjoy them as much as I do - so I figure I'll fully enjoy them! :)

I have this book up in..... my bathroom !! :o

It's a VG or so, taped completely shut in a mylite, with an acid free backer board, and framed shut behind glass and paper. The room gets pretty steamy whenever someone takes a shower, but hey.... its the WATER CLOSET !! (thumbs u

And house guests get to look at it every time they..... well, you know :)

strangeadv116b_zpsa4d0e824.jpg

Hi all-

I have been considering purchasing a legal sized filing cabinet but am wondering how you guys that have them already are dividing the middle of the drawers to create two rows?

Thanks for any advice!

I used 3/8" foam board to line the drawer and divide each drawer into two rows. If you scroll back a few pages you'll see my cabinet.

I have a lateral legal size cabinet. I divided it into two rows going left to right. If I were to do it again, I would have gone front to back. Front to back would make it easier to go thru comics.

You can find some cool deals for cabinets on Craigslist. I paid $40 for my cabinet.

quote=dntfeedthemnkys]
Well it's not a comic room yet, but I will be hanging some of my favourite comics soon. First bit of the process, put them in frames:

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

These are just clip frames at the minute, I may upgrade later. Anyone ever have any problems hanging books like this? I can't see there would be any more pressure on the comics than if they were in a stack?

Cheers

Or you could scan the books and make a copy of the covers on your printer and safely store your books in a comic box.

But what do I know?

Amen! I can't understand using the actual comic,it's just damaging the book. (shrug)

Geez guys, I was just asking for some advice on an idea I had, what's with the sarcastic comebacks. Some of you guys can have right ***** attitude to others sometimes.

How about a sensible reply like 'That may damage the spines of the book because of the pressure of a clip frame, you could always use a scan to preserve the book itself' rather than all this 'But what do I know' and 'Amen to that' .

Don't worry mate - Dave is always a Richard and X, well he is just X.

They are good guys who just have to mock every noob.

They can't help it.

And they are both very, very, very old.

:makepoint:

Why would you call me that? I did not mean to mock the noob,but why damage a comic when you can use color scans of your own books.Not like I'm trying to hype books for future gains now am I.Now that's pretty Richard of one. ;)

quote=dntfeedthemnkys]
Well it's not a comic room yet, but I will be hanging some of my favourite comics soon. First bit of the process, put them in frames:

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

These are just clip frames at the minute, I may upgrade later. Anyone ever have any problems hanging books like this? I can't see there would be any more pressure on the comics than if they were in a stack?

Cheers

Or you could scan the books and make a copy of the covers on your printer and safely store your books in a comic box.

But what do I know?

Amen! I can't understand using the actual comic,it's just damaging the book. (shrug)

Geez guys, I was just asking for some advice on an idea I had, what's with the sarcastic comebacks. Some of you guys can have right ***** attitude to others sometimes.

How about a sensible reply like 'That may damage the spines of the book because of the pressure of a clip frame, you could always use a scan to preserve the book itself' rather than all this 'But what do I know' and 'Amen to that' .

Don't worry mate - Dave is always a Richard and X, well he is just X.

They are good guys who just have to mock every noob.

They can't help it.

And they are both very, very, very old.

:makepoint:

Why would you call me that? I did not mean to mock the noob,but why damage a comic when you can use color scans of your own books.Not like I'm trying to hype books for future gains now am I.Now that's pretty Richard of one. ;)

I can't see any problem with framing up and displaying "real books" that are in about VG condition. Especially ....... MARVELS

I have this book up in..... my bathroom !! :o

It's a VG or so, taped completely shut in a mylite, with an acid free backer board, and framed shut behind glass and paper. The room gets pretty steamy whenever someone takes a shower, but hey.... its the WATER CLOSET !! (thumbs u

And house guests get to look at it every time they..... well, you know :)

strangeadv116b_zpsa4d0e824.jpg

You get to enjoy it every day and it works for you so very cool! (thumbs u

I like the way you paired a corresponding statue with each slab. Nice touch. (thumbs u

Thanks!

Yeah I am trying my best to find comic that match the statues I have (or at least close). I seriously have a ton of statues and not enough space to display them unfortunately.

my 2013 comic room / office remodel is complete (courtesy of Ikea):

hand finished joker: black mirror print / smile is painted on by Jock

raw comic storage (drawer) / golden age mylite 2s & boards inside magazine top loaders

CGC comic storage (wooden boxes) / laid flat

10699508933_8418bb18d3.jpg

harley quinn & poison ivy / cookie jar

batman: harley quinn #nn 9.8 / first harley (in d.c. continuity)

batman adventures #12 9.8 / first harley (out of d.c. continuity)

joker black & white statue / designed by lee bermejo

10711256434_9ea9e896a0.jpg

tank girl & booga 'dia de muertos' commission + digital print / by warwick johnson cadwell

close ups:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8136/8709177114_81ea8d2a54_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8394/8707318429_a622a5d062_c.jpg

devil puppet / fabric hand puppet made by evan dorkin & sarah dyer

10711255944_4aa62c259c_z.jpg

my 2013 comic room / office remodel is complete (courtesy of Ikea):

hand finished joker: black mirror print / smile is painted on by Jock

raw comic storage (drawer) / golden age mylite 2s & boards inside magazine top loaders

CGC comic storage (wooden boxes) / laid flat

10699508933_8418bb18d3.jpg

harley quinn & poison ivy / cookie jar

batman: harley quinn #nn 9.8 / first harley (in d.c. continuity)

batman adventures #12 9.8 / first harley (out of d.c. continuity)

joker black & white statue / designed by lee bermejo

10711256434_9ea9e896a0.jpg

tank girl & booga 'dia de muertos' commission + digital print / by warwick johnson cadwell

close ups:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8136/8709177114_81ea8d2a54_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8394/8707318429_a622a5d062_c.jpg

devil puppet / fabric hand puppet made by evan dorkin & sarah dyer

10711255944_4aa62c259c_z.jpg

Very nice :applause: