• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Looks fine, being Wiltshire have you done Melksham comic con

Hi,Yes went a few months ago. Was good fun, bit disappointed in the lack comic sellers with anything silver or golden age, mostly just bronze and modern.

Nice to see a few folks dressed up though in the spirit of things.

Did you make it?

10 wall books and 2 original art pages. A commissioned Avengers #223 by Greg LaRocque and Star Trek TNG The Space Between incentive cover by Zach Howard.

image_zpsecb51695.jpg

I love your taste in comic books!

:applause:(worship)

Thanks, I have some other copper/modern books I rotate out since I am limited to 10, nothing spectacular like action 1, superman 1, but books I own, enjoy and can afford.

What did you use for the shelves/top? It looks as tho you've got something in front of the slabs, like glass/plexy/?

I got 2 pieces of trim molding from home depot that was already notched 1/4", inverted the top one and painted to match. The books are in individual mill cases (like CD cases for comics) so I can change them out. Works well for me.

10 wall books and 2 original art pages. A commissioned Avengers #223 by Greg LaRocque and Star Trek TNG The Space Between incentive cover by Zach Howard.

image_zpsecb51695.jpg

Thanks, I have some other copper/modern books I rotate out since I am limited to 10, nothing spectacular like action 1, superman 1, but books I own, enjoy and can afford.

What did you use for the shelves/top? It looks as tho you've got something in front of the slabs, like glass/plexy/?

Wow, you have 5 of my top 7 grails, in one spot! :applause:

Which 5? What are the other 2?

Looks fine, being Wiltshire have you done Melksham comic con

Hi,Yes went a few months ago. Was good fun, bit disappointed in the lack comic sellers with anything silver or golden age, mostly just bronze and modern.

Nice to see a few folks dressed up though in the spirit of things.

Did you make it?

Afraid not, just too far, but follow them on Facebook

I picked these up from a closing Newsstand (who knew any were still around?) in town and set them up in my shipping and packing room for my online sales.........

small015_zps0d7932c4.jpg

I had trouble putting bagged comics in the rack so I decided to put TPB's and they fit perfectly!!

small014_zps82e5cfbd.jpg

I just threw stuff that was laying around the room on the magazine rack (they had 2 of these and the best part is they were free!) but will probably use it for slabs I want to keep. I was thinking of putting removable casters on the bottom and using them to set up at local shows next year. And yes I have a blue room.

Love the magazine racks! Looks good

Thanks! Are you going to ACCC?

image_zpsecb51695.jpg

Wow, you have 5 of my top 7 grails, in one spot! :applause:

Which 5? What are the other 2?

Next Men 21, Crow 1, Invincible 1, New Mutants 98, and ASM 300. The other 2 are GI JOE 21, and, my NUMERO UNO: ATOMIC ROBO 1

Well it's not a comic room yet, but I will be hanging some of my favourite comics soon. First bit of the process, put them in frames:

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

These are just clip frames at the minute, I may upgrade later. Anyone ever have any problems hanging books like this? I can't see there would be any more pressure on the comics than if they were in a stack?

Cheers

Or you could scan the books and make a copy of the covers on your printer and safely store your books in a comic box.

But what do I know?

Well it's not a comic room yet, but I will be hanging some of my favourite comics soon. First bit of the process, put them in frames:

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

These are just clip frames at the minute, I may upgrade later. Anyone ever have any problems hanging books like this? I can't see there would be any more pressure on the comics than if they were in a stack?

Cheers

Or you could scan the books and make a copy of the covers on your printer and safely store your books in a comic box.

But what do I know?

Amen! I can't understand using the actual comic,it's just damaging the book. (shrug)

I picked these up from a closing Newsstand (who knew any were still around?) in town and set them up in my shipping and packing room for my online sales.........

I had trouble putting bagged comics in the rack so I decided to put TPB's and they fit perfectly!!

I just threw stuff that was laying around the room on the magazine rack (they had 2 of these and the best part is they were free!) but will probably use it for slabs I want to keep. I was thinking of putting removable casters on the bottom and using them to set up at local shows next year. And yes I have a blue room.

Love the magazine racks! Looks good

Thanks! Are you going to ACCC?

Yep but just Sunday

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

Cheers

But what do I know?

Amen! I can't understand using the actual comic,it's just damaging the book. (shrug)

This is one of the reasons I spent a little extra on a large format 3-in-1 printer (not terribly large, but 13x19). I can print them out at two to three times the original size if I care to. It's good for scanning and printing most original art for display as well.

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

Cheers

But what do I know?

Out of interest, do you guys display your slabs or scans of your slabs?

Anyone see the BAT CAVE Room on tonight's Comic Book Men?

When I first saw the guy on the show talking about it I thought it was going to be this bat cave home theater. It was still awesome though. I'm so envious!

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

Cheers

But what do I know?

No. meh I have too much OA on my walls.

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

Cheers

But what do I know?

No. mehI have too much OA on my walls.

Have we seen an updated picture of this :baiting:

quote=dntfeedthemnkys]

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

Cheers

But what do I know?

Geez guys, I was just asking for some advice on an idea I had, what's with the sarcastic comebacks. Some of you guys can have right ***** attitude to others sometimes.

How about a sensible reply like 'That may damage the spines of the book because of the pressure of a clip frame, you could always use a scan to preserve the book itself' rather than all this 'But what do I know' and 'Amen to that' .

quote=dntfeedthemnkys]

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

Cheers

But what do I know?

Geez guys, I was just asking for some advice on an idea I had, what's with the sarcastic comebacks. Some of you guys can have right ***** attitude to others sometimes.

How about a sensible reply like 'That may damage the spines of the book because of the pressure of a clip frame, you could always use a scan to preserve the book itself' rather than all this 'But what do I know' and 'Amen to that' .

Don't get wound up about it, mate. It's just the way that some people speak around here and I don't believe they were intending to be sarcky. If you read the boards much, you'll see loads of these kinds of comments with no offense intended.

Personally, I'd rather display scans of books than risk any damage to great Silver Age books like that. 2c

quote=dntfeedthemnkys]

Display_zps773bd231.jpg

Cheers

But what do I know?

Don't worry mate - Dave is always a Richard and X, well he is just X.

They are good guys who just have to mock every noob.

They can't help it.

And they are both very, very, very old.

:makepoint: