• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,299 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

Most of them use batteries (AAA or watch batteries probably).

1 more question that I could probably google, but any help appreciated, is IKEA the best or only place to find such a thing? Forgive my ignorance lol but as I will want several I didn't know if there was a recomendation that would produce good quality/quantity?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

1 more question that I could probably google, but any help appreciated, is IKEA the best or only place to find such a thing? Forgive my ignorance lol but as I will want several I didn't know if there was a recomendation that would produce good quality/quantity?

I got some detolfs with the LED stick on strips from ikea. They plug in the outlet for power. Cost about $20 for a set of 4. They make a version that you can change the color on for a few more buck that I kinda wish I bought.

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh I see you were possibly asking the same thing, sorry about that; quick google search brought up something called Pegasus Lighting 

Just now, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I got some detolfs with the LED stick on strips from ikea. They plug in the outlet for power. Cost about $20 for a set of 4. They make a version that you can change the color on for a few more buck that I kinda wish I bought.

I'd be more interested in batteries, possibly, as my comic room is also my office and has few outlets lol 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd be more interested in batteries, possibly, as my comic room is also my office and has few outlets lol 

To tell you the truth getting the wires all tucked away is a little bit of a pain. I've only seen the puck like LEDs that take batteries. I've heard they sell those at home depot as well.

Just now, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

To tell you the truth getting the wires all tucked away is a little bit of a pain. I've only seen the puck like LEDs that take batteries. I've heard they sell those at home depot as well.

got a home depot down the street THANKS :) 

1 minute ago, Icculus308win said:

Just a couple editions to my Jonny Quest "shrine" and DD & TMNT memorabilia

I like the DAREDEVIL PLANE lol that's awesome, and good for some easy fun :) 

3 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Are those LED lights inside the display cabinets the stick-on variety?  I've got some IKEA Detolf's for my mini-bust collection and am looking for something like that.

They are not, I had to screw the LED lights into the top of the cabinet.

I've been wanting to show off my collection in my office. Unfortunately, I haven't been successful in getting my office into a state I would be proud to have people look at.

Recently, my wife surprised me with a display case to keep in our dining room where I can display some of my collection. I love the display case she picked out and I plan to rotate out the items in the display every couple of months. So, hopefully, this is interesting to some of you.

Display-Case-1.jpg.cc006b3ea00ad76cc4e0d3d8dc52076a.jpg

Top Shelf - Left to right. 1. Holo-foil Optimus Prime Trading card. 2. First issue of Transformers. 3. MasterPiece Optimus Prime action figure. 4. Last issue of Transformers signed by a ton of people who've work on the series through out the years. 5. Generations Cosmos action figure. 6. 3D printed Energon Cubes.

top-shelf.jpg.19bd7a3358a3394faee5329c4c9a5a87.jpg

Middle Shelf - 1. Boxed Transformers Generation 2 Optimus Prime.

G2.jpg.72becfe7d29d30f4334e4deac389a6ca.jpg

Bottom Shelf. 1. The rest of MasterPiece Optimus Prime... Trailer, Spike. 

Trailer.jpg

8 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Just a couple editions to my Jonny Quest "shrine" and DD & TMNT memorabilia

IMG_8453.JPG

IMG_8454.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8460.JPG

Everytime I see your Jonny Quest display it just takes me back to my childhood.:cloud9:

Edited by oakman29

16 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I've been wanting to show off my collection in my office. Unfortunately, I haven't been successful in getting my office into a state I would be proud to have people look at.

Recently, my wife surprised me with a display case to keep in our dining room where I can display some of my collection. I love the display case she picked out and I plan to rotate out the items in the display every couple of months. So, hopefully, this is interesting to some of you.

Display-Case-1.jpg.cc006b3ea00ad76cc4e0d3d8dc52076a.jpg

Top Shelf - Left to right. 1. Holo-foil Optimus Prime Trading card. 2. First issue of Transformers. 3. MasterPiece Optimus Prime action figure. 4. Last issue of Transformers signed by a ton of people who've work on the series through out the years. 5. Generations Cosmos action figure. 6. 3D printed Energon Cubes.

top-shelf.jpg.19bd7a3358a3394faee5329c4c9a5a87.jpg

Middle Shelf - 1. Boxed Transformers Generation 2 Optimus Prime.

G2.jpg.72becfe7d29d30f4334e4deac389a6ca.jpg

Bottom Shelf. 1. The rest of MasterPiece Optimus Prime... Trailer, Spike. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

Trailer.jpg

I dig it! (thumbsu

7 minutes ago, srezvan said:

Moved in to a larger house a few months ago. Got a larger home office and had lots of time to plan what I wanted it to look like. Here's one corner of the room. I tried to make the room as changeable as possible. Slab displays at the top, poster flipper for sketches, shelves for raw books, and a couple of options for action figures. If I ever have the time and motivation, I can easily swap things out.

20170404_174634.thumb.jpg.7f0f9e7c40f13f94c64d51e3fba47d75.jpg

Cool setup. Where did you get the poster flipper?