• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Timely: USA Comics #7

15 posts in this topic

hello all..

dino, is it miscut?...probably still a solid vg/vg+ or so, even with the tape...but just looks "crooked" (maybe it is me?)

rick

I'm no expert, but probably not miscut at all...I checked the Gerber photos. This book's "Captain America" and "USA" logos appear to tilt just like the books Gerber shows.

Probably consistent in most copies due to low print runs. confused-smiley-013.gif

Dino

hello all..

dino, is it miscut?...probably still a solid vg/vg+ or so, even with the tape...but just looks "crooked" (maybe it is me?)

rick

I'm no expert, but probably not miscut at all...I checked the Gerber photos. This book's "Captain America" and "USA" logos appear to tilt just like the books Gerber shows.

Probably consistent in most copies due to low print runs. confused-smiley-013.gif

Dino

hey D...

I didn't mean at the top, but measure the top 1/2 of the book ,then measure and compare to the bottom one half (horizontal)....bottom looks 1/4" smaller (could be the scan)?

rick

hey D...

I didn't mean at the top, but measure the top 1/2 of the book ,then measure and compare to the bottom one half (horizontal)....bottom looks 1/4" smaller (could be the scan)?

rick

Got it! thumbsup2.gif Sorry, I was thinking miswrap. I'll measure when I get back home...

GE

hey D...

rick

I see what you're saying. I've seen other USAs with the same kind of measurement issues. Check out Metro's copy of USA #10 and you'll see another example.

As for a grade on the #7, I'd say it has a shot as a 5.0. Great book!