• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics 1 on ebay VF/NM Restored!

35 posts in this topic

hello all...

I sent the seller an email this morning, asking if I could inspect the book in person, before I bid on it...waiting on response

rick

hello all...

I sent the seller an email this morning, asking if I could inspect the book in person, before I bid on it...waiting on response

rick

Looks like the same copy I saw at Wondercon a few weeks ago...

hello all...

rick

Be sure to post his response Rick, If he does, I am guessing it will be a no.

It smelled fishy from the moment I saw it, and no this isn't my grail, well it is but not the one I am going to buy right now. I still search it from time to time to remind myself I can't afford it.

Paul

hello all...

I would speculate that this is 99% fake (no shipping costs listed, no activity in more than a year, etc)....likely a hijacked account...but, you never know smile.gif

rick

Interesting that even with that, there are of course bids. No return policy, pay pal only, 1 feedback, as you said no shipping info, just a few red flags. I tell you what if I could pick it up for under 10g and pay in cash. I would gladly fly to Florida and pick it up. Ebay should not let anyone sell and take bids over a grand without a history of transactions and a verified paypal account. It would solve a lot of these scamming issue's.

hello all...

rick

Yes, that is John Dolmayan's book. This ebay seller is not John Dolmayan.

What was the asking price at Wondercon?

I don't know what it is now, but last year he wanted $90K for it. The restoration work is amazing on that book, but $90K is a bit high.

...a 3 day auction from a 1 feedback Ebay member who has a very short item description, cheesy pics, and no mention of shipping methods or shipping costs?.........sounds like a pretty safe guy to send $50,000 to.

Safer then sending books to Matt Wilson?

shy.gifshy.gifshy.gif

hi.gif

shy.gif

...a 3 day auction from a 1 feedback Ebay member who has a very short item description, cheesy pics, and no mention of shipping methods or shipping costs?.........sounds like a pretty safe guy to send $50,000 to.

shy.gifshy.gifshy.gif

hi.gif

shy.gif

27_laughing.gif

Matt Wilson about 3 years ago did a very nice resto job for me, so he had my confidence and a track record of success ( although that didn't last long ).

This seller has nothing credible about him at all.......probably the worst I've seen in a while. In all serious guys, if someone reading this thread plans to buy this book, it is a pick up in person ONLY. Chances of the seller actually planning to mail this book, which is most likely not his -- 0%. If anyone is taking this auction seriously ... foreheadslap.gif

shy.gifshy.gifshy.gif

hi.gif

shy.gif

27_laughing.gif

Matt Wilson about 3 years ago did a very nice resto job for me, so he had my confidence and a track record of success ( although that didn't last long ).

This seller has nothing credible about him at all.......probably the worst I've seen in a while. In all serious guys, if someone reading this thread buys this book, it is a pick up in person ONLY. Chances of the seller actually planning to mail this book, which is most likely not his -- 0%. If anyone is taking this auction seriously ... foreheadslap.gif

Well you told me I could post it!

So am I going to hell now or not?

crazy.gif

Ze-

hello all...

rick

Yes, that is John Dolmayan's book. This ebay seller is not John Dolmayan.

Yah, that's his name...forgot it...the drummer...so this must be a different copy...