• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics 1 on ebay VF/NM Restored!

35 posts in this topic

So this guy has one feedback and drops a Marvel Comics 1 out! Does anyone know this guy, or is it a scam?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-COMICS-1-CGC-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I could see having a question if he had no feedback. However, with a solid 1, I think we are all safe to bid.

Stephen

You first..

hello all...

I sent the seller an email this morning, asking if I could inspect the book in person, before I bid on it...waiting on response

rick

Looks like the same copy I saw at Wondercon a few weeks ago...

Yes, that is John Dolmayan's book. This ebay seller is not John Dolmayan.

Yah, that's his name...forgot it...the drummer...so this must be a different copy...

Nope, this is the one and only CGC 9.0 Moderate (P) in the census.

Yeah with that kind of coin you could get the Cage copy, unrestored.

For that kind of money, you could almost get an unrestored 8.0.

Might need another $20,000-$30,000 at a minimum.

The CGC 8.0 Larson copy just sold for $101,575 four months ago. That's only $11.5K more. confused-smiley-013.gif If an 8.0 non-pedigree copy came up for sale, it might sell for less than $100K.

The CGC 8.0 Larson copy just sold for $101,575 four months ago. That's only $11.5K more. confused-smiley-013.gif If an 8.0 non-pedigree copy came up for sale, it might sell for less than $100K.

True but that was a good price and didn't that copy has slight glue on it? Personally I wouldn't care if it did but for some high grade GA collectors that is like skull and crossbones. This issue came up when the Marvel Mystery #2 CGC 9.0 was being discussed. There sure is a huge leap in price from a 8.0 to a 9.0, almost double.

True but that was a good price and didn't that copy has slight glue on it? Personally I wouldn't care if it did but for some high grade GA collectors that is like skull and crossbones. This issue came up when the Marvel Mystery #2 CGC 9.0 was being discussed. There sure is a huge leap in price from a 8.0 to a 9.0, almost double.

Yes, you're right about the "very minor" glue. I had forgotten about that and it probably did affect the price somewhat.

Let me revise my statement:

$90K -- you could probably get an unrestored 7.0 for that. yay.gif

That's my old copy.

West

Do you know who did the restoration on that book, West?

No, but it was slightly restored and sold in a Sotheby's or perhaps Christies auction long ago and then was re-restored, leaving it with moderate work between the 2 times it was repaired.

West

the larson copy was held down due to the furor surrounding it, going from purple to blue, AND being very faded. a pretty non-stigmatized 8.0 is going to go for more inho.

the larson copy was held down due to the furor surrounding it, going from purple to blue, AND being very faded. a pretty non-stigmatized 8.0 is going to go for more inho.

OK, OK, for that money, you could get a nice, unrestored 2.0!!!! poke2.gifyay.gif

hello all...

I sent the seller an email this morning, asking if I could inspect the book in person, before I bid on it...waiting on response

rick

Looks like the same copy I saw at Wondercon a few weeks ago...

Yes, that is John Dolmayan's book. This ebay seller is not John Dolmayan.

Yah, that's his name...forgot it...the drummer...so this must be a different copy...

Nope, this is the one and only CGC 9.0 Moderate (P) in the census.

Yep. same copy...