• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whaddya think?

45 posts in this topic

I just bought a couple of copies of Nick Fury #15 . First Bullseye app (depending who you ask I guess) I got one for reading that is supposed to be in something like "Nice" condition, whatever that means. I also got one that is supposed to be in NM- condition (which probably means FN-)

What I am wondering is this, Is this the first Bullseye app or is this the only app of a different character playing the same Bullseye, or is this a different Bullseye all together?

Phil

Yeah, that's why all the big action is happening with Daredevil 131 and not this book! I don't have either so it doesn't matter to me! wink.gif

I take it this is somewhat controversial? As I am reading posts here I am cruising around on the Internet and I find This . They show the Nick Fury as being the first Bullseye. Probably a page written by a guy that has a couple dozen Nick Fury 15's huh smile.gif

Phil

that guy is wrong grin.gif

There's not really any controversy, just a little confusion created by the Overstreet listing. CGC helps out by calling DD 131 "The First Appearance of the New Bullseye"

I noticed this weekend while looking at the side of the box for Bowen's Bullseye bust that he has a picture there of both Nick Fury 15 and Daredevil 131.

There was a text description right next to each comic...although I can't remember what was next to the Nick Fury 15 to justify their listing it on the box. If anybody owns that Bullseye bust, please share what Bowen put on the box!

hogations received one back from CGC in 9.4

Maybe he will post here and let us know what it says. The bust pic is interesting too. As you can tell I sure don't know much about it. That isn't because I couldn't find out, but rather because I am stoooopid smile.gif

Phil

Inrteresting read from http://www.geocities.com/marvel_villains/bullseye/bullseye.html

Who Was That Bullseye I Saw You With Last Night?

Confused over price-guide claims that Bullseye showed up in Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. years before he started annoying DareDevil? Do the Powers That Be at Marvel consider the two bad guys to be one really bad guy? Here's writer Kurt Busiek on the subject (posted in rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe on 5/13/98): "They're not -- that's just a price guide trick to sell more NICK FURY back issues. If I recall correctly, Bulls-Eye, from NF 15, not only dies in that issue, but his power of uncanny aim is a part of his gun, not himself. Bullseye, from DD 131, has never been connected to that earlier Bulls-Eye, and his ability is his own, not a technological advantage. If it makes a difference, in his original run of Marvel Indexes, George Olshevsky identifies the two characters as different guys -- and he's got less of a conflict of interest than the retailers and price-guide folks who benefit from prices going up on NF 15." grin.gif