• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collector Society 3.0 Feedback

54 posts in this topic

If you have an error with Collector Society, please PM me or post to this thread. Arch has been notified of this thread to help provide feedback to the staff.

Consolidating feedback from online sources.

[*]The submission instruction link is no longer valid. The links to submit from Authorized Dealers goes to the Collector's Society home page now. When one clicks "Continue - Normal Sized comics" at the bottom, it takes you to: https://www.collectors-society.com/Default.aspx. It appears that this might have already been fixed but just in case.

[*]When you click on "Edit Comic Details" it doesn't open up a separate window like it does when you click on a cert number. The end result is when you click Close Window after saving details the whole site disappears. I'm sure this isn't intended so I'm asking that the "Edit Comic Details" opens a separate window.

[*]There is an apparent problem submitting books into the registry, as reported in a separate thread. Upon saving a new cert # there is an error message that says it is an invalid HTML text.

[*]When attempting to save changes to a set description, you receive an error message "There is already another set in the Comics Registry that has the same name that you asked for. Please choose a different name for your new set. Set name is required."

[*]The Value Tier isn't showing up on the online submission service selection.

[*] Formatting problems of printed registry set (MK-elaborate)

The site does not allow me to edit my set description. It tells me another set has the same title (does not) while I am only trying to edit the description not the title

• Administrator

Thanks to Sterling and everyone reporting issues in the new version. We are working on resolving the problems. The issues with the online submission forms should be fixed. Please let us know if you continue to have any issues with it.

I'm looking into the other problems reported here and hope to have them resolved soon.

Oh and the site isnt working for me

What does this mean? I've confirmed your previous error and have posted it in my original entry.

I couldnt get onto the site for a couple of minutes, it was fine a little after I made this post.

The site has worked very nicely for me so far. The only "complaint" I have is that it would be nice to have a "remember me" feature in the login so I wouldn't have to continually login in every time I vist the site from my notebook.

Thanks,

Casey

• Administrator
works for me now.i tried a few times last night,couldnt access the site

We're still posting a few hot fix versions, usually late in the day, to address any bugs that have come up. If you hit the site during an update that might be the problem.

I used to print out my registry set as a log/want list and it does not print out correctly anymore.

Dude, elaborate please on your idea of "correctly" printing vs. the way it works today...Also, what steps do you do to perform this operation, etc.

ok, so not formatting issues or anything like that...you are just getting an incomplete listing....

I'm assuming you are doing a File, Print from Internet Explorer? I don't recall that CS has a print option available from their program...

Latest Issues. I have attempted to verify the above mentioned problems and anything listed here is still a problem as of 3/18:

[*] When you click on "Edit Comic Details" it doesn't open up a separate window like it does when you click on a cert number. The end result is when you click Close Window after saving details the whole site disappears. I'm sure this isn't intended so I'm asking that the "Edit Comic Details" opens a separate window.

[*] When attempting to save changes to a set description, you receive an error message "There is already another set in the Comics Registry that has the same name that you asked for. Please choose a different name for your new set. Set name is required."

[*]The Value Tier isn't showing up on the online submission service selection.

[*] When printing the registry set, it only prints out the first page. The web page, as it now stands, cannot be printed for offline reference. To reproduce, simply edit a lengthy registry set and Ctrl-P for Print...select a printer or PDF driver and view the results. I would recommend coding a specific "Printer view" of your registry set...or even a way to print a want list based off missing issues or issues meeting certain criteria. A way to print out your registry set with pictures, descriptions in a gallery format would be a great idea and would allow others to put together albums of their collection--a terrific motivator for getting books into the registry.

[*]While attempting to add a certification number to an issue (which so happens already has a comic in it...I'm upgrading) I get "The source 'CollectorsSociety' is not registered in log 'EmailOrder'. (It is registered in log 'Application'.) " The Source and Log properties must be matched, or you may set Log to the empty string, and it will automatically be matched to the Source property." This error is displayed in a traditional .NET error page format.

[*]A Want List item--what if you purchased a book from someone in the Registry Set? I'd like to be able to "transfer" a book to another person in the registry...with all pics/descriptions intact.

nope...but I think they should use me to test their upgrades. So should US Airways... their freaking kiosk check in system (as well as online) totally broke down during their reservation system consolidation with America West... mad.gif