• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most unique superhero, and why???

27 posts in this topic

The easy anwswer is Spectre...vengeful hand of God and all that.

But for my money it is still Batman. Intellect and bravery is all he really has.

all he has? i think you're selling his boy-love short.

Who do you feel is the most unique Golden Age superhero, and why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

I'll go with Fletcher Hanks' Stardust. He pretty much has unlimited, godlike power, but still takes the time to beat up a bad guy or throw him off a cliff to his death now and then. Not every superhero you can say that about.....

1699118-stardust.jpg

1699118-stardust.jpg.07f21663dc3f9687c8645e63e3037611.jpg

But for my money it is still Batman. Intellect and bravery is all he really has.

I always thought that Batman is a natural by product of the era. We have an explosion of all these super-powered beings. It seems like it was only a matter of time that a person who was just an extremely well trained normal man would emerge.

In fact, there were many men pushing their knowledge, bravery and athleticism to extraordinary heights well before Bruce Wayne decided to do the same thing but with a costume. I just figured his was was the most successful rendition of the concept. confused-smiley-013.gif

flame away. boo.gif

all he has? i think you're selling his boy-love short.

You keep confusing him with the Cap - Bucky - Toro love triangle!! makepoint.gif

how about Hong Kong Phooey, #1 superdog?...no love for that trash can changing superhero?

Did you just jump like 4 comic ages, and all boundaries of sensible posts?

poke2.gifforeheadslap.gif

yeah, sorry, just a little bored this morning waiting on UPS to deliver the weekly comics sorry.gif

the green glob, from late 50's tales of the unexpected. A brainless, non sentient glob of invisible green stuff that passes into our dimension from time to time and cause weird things to happen to the people it bumps into.

I couldn't make that up If I tried...