• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The coveted Tec 31

78 posts in this topic

Okay,

I'll get you guys back on topic. Here is mine. Blue label 5.0

tec31.jpg

th_tec312.jpg

Did I mention how much I hate my scanner today?

That's got to be one of the nicest looking VG/FN books out there, and a Tec 31 to boot! Appears to have a spine split at the upper left, otherwise amazing!!! cloud9.gif

Thanks guys. It does have a little spine split, the smaller pic is clickable and shows a small hole in the very bottom otherwise there isn't really anything else wrong with it.

Thanks guys. It does have a little spine split, the smaller pic is clickable and shows a small hole in the very bottom otherwise there isn't really anything else wrong with it.

Gorgeous book you have their CW. Was this book in an old CGC label before?

Why don't you post that picture of you holding it with a child-like grin taken right after you bought it. That's a priceless pic.

27_laughing.gif Nearmint took that pic and as far as I know he has the one and only file. It is probably still in one of these threads though. And it was a child like grin. The child like grin of a then 19yr old who just spent his life savings insane.gifgrin.gif

Gorgeous book you have their CW. Was this book in an old CGC label before?

Yes.

Why don't you post that picture of you holding it with a child-like grin taken right after you bought it. That's a priceless pic.

27_laughing.gif Nearmint took that pic and as far as I know he has the one and only file. It is probably still in one of these threads though. And it was a child like grin. The child like grin of a then 19yr old who just spent his life savings insane.gifgrin.gif

I betcha you sell it today, you're making a profit. Not a bad investment! Just not diversified is all. tongue.gif

Okay,

I'll get you guys back on topic. Here is mine. Blue label 5.0

tec31.jpg

th_tec312.jpg

Did I mention how much I hate my scanner today?

Beautiful; makes my 5 look like a piece of *spoon*! congatulations!

J

sd1.jpg

sd1.jpg

I remember seeing that picture in a thread last year and thinking "That's what it is all about!" And you know what? I was right! cloud9.gif

What was the original label grade and page quality CW?

I can't remember myself but do remember very seriously considering that book when it was for sale...

should have been the same...it was just a reslab, right?...not a regrade?...so CGC just takes the same info and transfers it to the new label...same thing on my tec 33...it was old label, slight case crack, so when I reslabbed, new label, all info transfered

rick

Nearmint, right on cue as usualgrin.gif. I'm gonna find out if I can get that pic on my drivers license. God I don't photograph well.

And yes the PQ and grade were the same. I loved the old label slab but it was a little scuffed and CGC recommends having them re holdered and a micro paper change every 7 or so years so I figured I would just do it. In the little scan you can see the pq through the little hole at the bottom but the scanner makes it look much darker than it appears in person. I believe this book actually does have cream to off white pages. The very edges being the darkest cream (The only part you can see. I realize there is the new "issue with PQ designation" I have experienced it first hand as a dealer but not on the older slab labels they seem very consistent. One of these days I will have CGC review the book and get me some scans of the interior just to be sure.

I betcha you sell it today, you're making a profit. Not a bad investment! Just not diversified is all.

You haven't seen the rest of my collection insane.gif

Beautiful; makes my 5 look like a piece of *spoon*! congatulations!

CoolJ,

I think your book looks awesome man! One of the better Unrestored copies out there! No tec 31 on the face of the earth ever looked like *spoon* to me and I've seen them with married covers, half covers, Batman wearing a dress (well not actually but I'll bet there's one out there. probably from the same collection with the X-Men #8 that reads Anus (Formerly Unus) the untouchable and has hair drawn on Prof X in every panel).

Very cool books by eveyone. They would all be gems in any collection.

I betcha you sell it today, you're making a profit. Not a bad investment! Just not diversified is all.

You haven't seen the rest of my collection insane.gif

Well, maybe not but I think I get the fantastic spirit of it tongue.gif

Touche'