• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ, are there any books you do not own, that you would like to own? Or do you have all the comics you could ever hope to?

hello all...

I was going to ask a similar question, but more like "are you still actively collecting" or have you completed your desired runs/books ,etc...

basically the same ? bill is asking

rick

In recent years I've been more active in collecting movie posters.

BZ, are there any books you do not own, that you would like to own? Or do you have all the comics you could ever hope to?

hello all...

I was going to ask a similar question, but more like "are you still actively collecting" or have you completed your desired runs/books ,etc...

rick

a very respectable and desirable avenue to pursue as well!...so hopefully this board has helped "renew" your love for your funny books, we sure enjoy seeing them!

rick

hello all...

rick

I love collecting movie posters, but my wife is getting kind of tired of me finding new places to hang them and what I have are pretty obscure.

The best part is that you paid pennies on the dollar for most of your books, a true long term collector. hail.gif

Pennies on today's dollars.

Exactly. Somebody out there only paid a dime each for these books.

Jack

I love collecting movie posters, but my wife is getting kind of tired of me finding new places to hang them and what I have are pretty obscure.

I saw photos of Bob Lesser's pulp painting collection.

He has so many, he has resorted to hanging them on the ceiling.

yeah, as we've talked about previously 7500 was huge money to be dropping on funnybooks back then. I mean in 1973 the overstreet guide was barely out or known about.... these are the *early* days we're talking about here.

I saw photos of Bob Lesser's pulp painting collection.

He has so many, he has resorted to hanging them on the ceiling.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif That gives me an idea.....

hello all...

rick

Don't suppose you picked up an Adventures of Captain Marvel serial movie poster did you? grin.gif

Great question. popcorn.gif

Certainly there are specific issues I need to complete runs, but I'm not actively looking for anything.

hi.gif Bangzoom

I am a collector of Action Comics. If you have any scans to share, it would be great.

BTW I am very much enjoying watching your collection unfold in this thread. headbang.gif

Mike

hi.gif Bangzoom

I am a collector of Action Comics. If you have any scans to share, it would be great.

BTW I am very much enjoying watching your collection unfold in this thread. headbang.gif

Mike

I second this request, you've shown us your #8 and #13, any others BZ ? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Edited by thedude

Hey BZ, Top Notch 10 and Zip 6 have really pretty cover when they are fresh. Got any?

I have # 9. I have # 11. However, I don't have Top Notch 10.

Sorry tongue.gifTopNotch9GA.jpg

I take it back - my Top Notch 9 SUCKS compared to this copy.

That's it - I'm selling all my books.

Hey BZ, Top Notch 10 and Zip 6 have really pretty cover when they are fresh. Got any?

I have # 9. I have # 11. However, I don't have Top Notch 10.

Sorry tongue.gifTopNotch9GA.jpg

I take it back - my Top Notch 9 SUCKS compared to this copy.

That's it - I'm selling all my books.

Guess you spoke a little too soon when I made my statement about not having anything that compares to a single book that BZ has....seems we are all in his shadow huh? hail.gif

Scott

I'm going to post a few more scans throughout the day.

Leading Comics #1

Mystic Comics # 1

Mystic Comics # 2

National Comics # 1

National Comics # 7

National Comics # 8

A few of the scans show a vertical line right of center. That's a glitch with the scanner, the line isn't actually on the cover.

Is Lou Fine the cover artist for all three of the National Covers?