• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I always marvel when I see high grade examples like some of these...the fragile nature of comic book (ephemera) seems to me to be a metaphor for our life. I also marvel when I see people in their 70's who are still very active..jogging, cycling, traveling etc....and others who are just burned out. So I've decided to start living in Bangzooms comic book room, to better preserve myself.

Does he know?

I will first shrink myself to the size of Dollman. He might never notice. Hopefully I won't step in any mouse traps.

maryjane.jpg

Jack

(Gorgeous picture omitted for space and jealousy reasons)

Da,ba,uh, mmm.. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif I am speachless. Incredible, well almost speachless.

Paul

The previous books shown were incredible but this.................. hail.gif

Those are amazing....and what more amazing is you still have them in those cheesy glad wrap bags makepoint.gif

Yeah -- can we take up a collection to get this guy some Mylar?

Actually ... I'll trade you enough mylar for all those books for the MMC #8. smile.gif

Edited by James Welborn

I always marvel when I see high grade examples like some of these...the fragile nature of comic book (ephemera) seems to me to be a metaphor for our life. I also marvel when I see people in their 70's who are still very active..jogging, cycling, traveling etc....and others who are just burned out. So I've decided to start living in Bangzooms comic book room, to better preserve myself.

Does he know?

I will first shrink myself to the size of Dollman. He might never notice. Hopefully I won't step in any mouse traps.

maryjane.jpg

Jack

sign-funnypost.gif

Da,ba,uh, mmm.. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif I am speachless. Incredible, well almost speachless.

Paul

Those are amazing....and what more amazing is you still have them in those cheesy glad wrap bags makepoint.gif

Actually ... I'll trade you enough mylar for all those books for the MMC #8. smile.gif

I don't think he needs any, he's been storing them that way since '73 and they look great.

Paul

Actually, I offered to give him 50 mylars and archives for just that purpose. Otherwise, they are just going to sit in a pile on my shelves. Still, if they have been keeping well preserved to this point, why do anything different. Remember if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Actually, I offered to give him 50 mylars and archives for just that purpose. Otherwise, they are just going to sit in a pile on my shelves. Still, if they have been keeping well preserved to this point, why do anything different. Remember if it ain't broke don't fix it.

takeit.gif I have books that could use some protection. Please mail those mylars to me immediately sumo.gif

Okay BZ we need to see some up close scans of some of the first 10-13 issues, especially #9 which looks as fresh as any copy I have ever seen before. Unfrickinbelievable collection. hail.gif

Don't forget the Paratrooper cover on #14, so 10-14.

marvelmystery.jpg

ok, I am little nervous here...BZ, I know we have only known each other for a very short time, and while I am already married with 4 kids...(gets down on one knee)...I was , um, wondering....if...well...you would do me the honor of...um...

(sorry, my hands are a little sweaty, and my heart is beating a little to fast)...

there was another GA thread about trading your wife for comics!...I think I found my answer!

gator

I'll take you, Rick. Imagine our collection if we were a couple! cloud9.gif

(Only my second use of a graemlin!)

marvelmystery.jpg

ok, I am little nervous here...BZ, I know we have only known each other for a very short time, and while I am already married with 4 kids...(gets down on one knee)...I was , um, wondering....if...well...you would do me the honor of...um...

(sorry, my hands are a little sweaty, and my heart is beating a little to fast)...

there was another GA thread about trading your wife for comics!...I think I found my answer!

gator

I'll take you, Rick. Imagine our collection if we were a couple! cloud9.gif

(Only my second use of a graemlin!)

I love graemlins!...you know what they say when you get a timely and a dc together...woo hoo yay.gif

Sorry about that, just trying to line up some of my favorites!

Kinda my own BZ slide show, if you will.

Edited by MrBedrock