• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ, a quick question for you. On this batch of 'Tec books - all gorgeous btw - not only the books are clean but staple placement apart from one seem perfect. So, my question is: how much upgrading did you do when you put your collection together?

popcorn.gif for more 'Tecs.

Every time I bought a new collection, I upgraded if I found a better copy.

So now comes the impossible question: on average how many copies did you go through to end up with such a nice , let's say, 'Tec 90?

BZ, a quick question for you. On this batch of 'Tec books - all gorgeous btw - not only the books are clean but staple placement apart from one seem perfect. So, my question is: how much upgrading did you do when you put your collection together?

popcorn.gif for more 'Tecs.

Every time I bought a new collection, I upgraded if I found a better copy.

So now comes the impossible question: on average how many copies did you go through to end up with such a nice , let's say, 'Tec 90?

You may have noticed that these 'tecs all have the same markings. I got them all in the same original owner collection. Sometimes, with something like that, you'll get a nice run of something early on and will never find better copies. Other times, a nice collection will sweep out every other copy you had saved in a series because they're all superior to what you had previously.

Specifically which was the case for the Detective 90? I'm not certain at this late date. I might have had one or two copies before I acquired this particular issue. Or it may have been the first time I ever owned a copy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Well come and join us on the OA forum for Pete's sake! We'd all love to meet ya [and your collection].

ORIGINAL ART FORUM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

There are occasional denizens of the boards who don't exactly play according to the rules of Hoyle. After getting kicked off the boards they will re-surface from time to time only to be flushed out and again removed from the boards. One of those that haunts the OA forum is KrazyKat. Do a search on that member's posts or that word and you'll be prepared for his current or next incarnation.

Those Detectives are absolutely gorgeous! The run looks like something you'd normally only associate with the top two collections ever to surface. Thanks, BZ.

And add my vote for some of the pre-hero issues... Fiction House would be cool too!